Super League Rugby Fans Forum

Full Version: Wire v Wigan- the big pie smash?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Shudds should sign ratchford, would be great for them at fb, or centre, or at halfback, or loose forward,....
Leeds are first in line I hear
(08-21-2015 09:12 PM)jools Wrote: [ -> ]I think they already have weary. He's not a defensive fullback, he's not involved with the set plays getting behind the line to create the overlap, he's just there.

I dunno jools I think the days of the "defensive fullback" have gone, he does the basics of a modern fullback, he catches well, positions well, good ball handler and can join the line. I think there is something there with ratchford that's been wasted. I'll concede he's no wellens tackler but I don't think that's what teams want now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(08-21-2015 09:13 PM)chesterhino Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2015 09:07 PM)jools Wrote: [ -> ]a bunch of blokes who can pass and catch and tackle a bit- duh....... but they haven't enough players with a rugby brain - never mind grix - ratchford is really not a fullback and isn't bringing enough to the plays

Agreed.

Ratchford ain't a full back.

He should be in the halves imo

Give him a good season or 2 there and yes I think he could do the job, but he won't get it at wire.

woah hold on a cotton picking minute here, we have had a poor season, lets just despand and start again should we? get a grip folks
Holy Hand Grenade, Wire are shitter than Saints!
(08-21-2015 09:16 PM)westy_warrior Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2015 09:12 PM)jools Wrote: [ -> ]I think they already have weary. He's not a defensive fullback, he's not involved with the set plays getting behind the line to create the overlap, he's just there.

I dunno jools I think the days of the "defensive fullback" have gone, he does the basics of a modern fullback, he catches well, positions well, good ball handler and can join the line. I think there is something there with ratchford that's been wasted. I'll concede he's no wellens tackler but I don't think that's what teams want now

(08-21-2015 09:07 PM)jools Wrote: [ -> ]a bunch of blokes who can pass and catch and tackle a bit- duh....... but they haven't enough players with a rugby brain - never mind grix - ratchford is really not a fullback and isn't bringing enough to the plays

Agreed.

Give him a good season or 2 there and yes I think he could do the job, but he won't get it at wire.

Yes the defensive fullback is consigned to history now wellens has retired. He positions well and can catch- but he just isn't providing that extra pivot - that's very possibly due to the way Tony smith sets the plays- but if that's the case he's certainly wasted.
Personally I think Tony and wire are a stale partnership- and bringing agar hasn't brought anything fresh.
1 & 6 are very close in the modern game, I'm sure most could do a job in both positions, we have 2 standoffs playing at fb. Ratchford is playing behind a dominated side so not gonna look brilliant. The forwards more often than not get dominated in the tackle giving Clark nowt to work with and the wingers aren't getting much.

It's strange cos I think like sts they are just not firing but still could, that said sts have time where you have to think it's too late for wire now.
@garethwalker13: Shaun Wane: "I just want to thank the Warrington marketing department for doing my job for me." #PieSmash
(08-21-2015 09:31 PM)whotobeA Wrote: [ -> ]1 & 6 are very close in the modern game, I'm sure most could do a job in both positions, we have 2 standoffs playing at fb. Ratchford is playing behind a dominated side so not gonna look brilliant. The forwards more often than not get dominated in the tackle giving Clark nowt to work with and the wingers aren't getting much.

It's strange cos I think like sts they are just not firing but still could, that said sts have time where you have to think it's too late for wire now.

Lol whoto- I'm just trying to imagine brough playing fullback!!!!
(08-21-2015 09:29 PM)jools Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2015 09:16 PM)westy_warrior Wrote: [ -> ]

Agreed.

Yes the defensive fullback is consigned to history now wellens has retired. He positions well and can catch- but he just isn't providing that extra pivot - that's very possibly due to the way Tony smith sets the plays- but if that's the case he's certainly wasted.
Personally I think Tony and wire are a stale partnership- and bringing agar hasn't brought anything fresh.

I agree, I don't see where he is going to take them forward, he's playing a poor version of something that didn't work 3 years ago.

A change of style will only really come from a change of coach.

Some would say same for wigan and hudds tho I suppose. In the sense of if a change is needed a coach change is needed.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Reference URL's