Super League Rugby Fans Forum

Full Version: Lets hope its a nice summer.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lets face it, we are kidding ourselves if we think this is all over in a few weeks.
We are going to be restricted in our movements for at least 3 months until the person to person infection rate is near zero. It took about this long in Wuhan.
The big worry is next autumn/winter when it goes through a second wave around the world, its highly unlikely there will be a vaccine by then. Mebbes they may find a drug which supresses the sympoms if we are lucky.
Lots of testing to find out whos already had it would be a big help and maybes issue a card or something to folk whos had it to allow them to move freely.
If we get to a point of near zero person to person infections in the Uk we may be able to relax restrictions but lock down local areas if there is a flare up of infections as hopefully by then we may be able to monitor areas more easily by then.
The onlty way to keep infections down after that is close borders and if you do go abroad you go in quarantine for a period when you come back.
So as i say hopefully its a nice summer as nobody will be going abroad on holiday, even if things are ok as can be here its likely other countries will be still locked down and even if you went would you want to risk being in abroad if that country suddenly locks down ?
In a twisted way Mr Corbyn may get his way with Nationalisation as i can see the government having to take over the running of airlines ,airports public transport etc...
Its not going away anytime soon, thats for sure.
Folk best get used to lockdowns, the uk one likely get tighter too.
(04-03-2020 09:36 AM)captain tripps Wrote: [ -> ]Lets face it, we are kidding ourselves if we think this is all over in a few weeks.
We are going to be restricted in our movements for at least 3 months until the person to person infection rate is near zero. It took about this long in Wuhan.
The big worry is next autumn/winter when it goes through a second wave around the world, its highly unlikely there will be a vaccine by then. Mebbes they may find a drug which supresses the sympoms if we are lucky.
Lots of testing to find out whos already had it would be a big help and maybes issue a card or something to folk whos had it to allow them to move freely.
If we get to a point of near zero person to person infections in the Uk we may be able to relax restrictions but lock down local areas if there is a flare up of infections as hopefully by then we may be able to monitor areas more easily by then.
The onlty way to keep infections down after that is close borders and if you do go abroad you go in quarantine for a period when you come back.
So as i say hopefully its a nice summer as nobody will be going abroad on holiday, even if things are ok as can be here its likely other countries will be still locked down and even if you went would you want to risk being in abroad if that country suddenly locks down ?
In a twisted way Mr Corbyn may get his way with Nationalisation as i can see the government having to take over the running of airlines ,airports public transport etc...

I think the antibody tests will be the clincher.
A guy where I work has it- he knew his wife was showing symptoms but he’d been coming into work knowing this weeks ago!!!!! He’d recently been promoted to take over from someone retiring and didn’t want to not get the training he needed before the guy left. ?
He’s not been hospitalised but he’s been badly affected and keeps relapsing. He’s been in close proximity with many others and they’ve not shown symptoms- although the guy who’s just retired says he’s had a sore throat. Funnily enough so have I - I could have come into contact but not know. All the family except me had a bad cough in February.
I reckon loads have picked it up and it not affected them. If we can show a large population immunity then things can get back to normal.
I honestly believe Jools that loads of us will find out we have had it, i was talking to a guy Monday who said to me that about 3 weeks ago he had a banging headache and couldn't stop coughing for a few days so reckons he probs has had it.
I have had a sore throat and headaches on and off for a week or so, but no coughing so is it just a general bug or Covid-19, thats tbe problem, until theres mass testing who knows ?
Remember way back last summer... few folk had bad times with vapes in yankeeland?? That story went away real fast..
Nobodies said anything about it being more dangerous to smokerer have they ?

I have mnaged to find an article about you being more likely to develop pnuemonia if you smoke but thats about it.
More people were dying aday from smoking than this, i wonder why the governments didn't just ban the sale of cigarettes, if it was a bottle of pop causing cancer it would have been withdrawn straight away.
Surely they wouldn't have been turning a blind eye to gain the tax money ?
Mebbes i digress .lol.
There are various illnesses and conditions that kill more than this.
There have also been various other pandemics with higher death numbers than this, there was no lockdown suggested for them, not as I recall.

Situation is.. everyone is facing one way and huge numbers are forcibly in the house... what can be going on behind yer back??
Reference URL's