Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Hull KR want Myler on season long loan - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Super League (/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: Warrington Wolves (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Hull KR want Myler on season long loan (/thread-17829.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Hull KR want Myler on season long loan - chris2925 - 10-20-2014 06:12 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/29690484

RE: Hull KR want Myler on season long loan - Genghis Von Battenberg - 10-20-2014 06:26 PM

I think I've heard that on here somewhere before. Didn't Hank mention it?

Good, if surprising piece of business from KR, if it happens. Don't get why Wire are keen to let him go; I don't see where he's failed them and Ratchford and/or O'Brien have done better, last season at least. Of those three, I'd rank Myler highest.

RE: Hull KR want Myler on season long loan - chris2925 - 10-20-2014 06:36 PM

I would be more than happy to see him stay BUT his contract is up at the end of the season whereas both Ratchford and O'Brien have longer terms. Is Smith hoping to keep Russell & Bridge in their preferred positions and thereby the halfback positions are Ratchford and O'Brien? If he goes to HKR and does a good job, which I think he will, it might be easier to move him on next year.
If he goes I will miss seeing Mrs Myler at the games. Heart

RE: Hull KR want Myler on season long loan - billie joe - 10-20-2014 07:23 PM

If Wire let him go at the end of next season I would have him at Saints without a doubt good player.

RE: Hull KR want Myler on season long loan - MOT - 10-20-2014 07:37 PM

Overrated. Bridge is better in the halves

RE: Hull KR want Myler on season long loan - the grest - 10-20-2014 09:12 PM

(10-20-2014 07:37 PM)MOT Wrote:  Overrated. Bridge is better in the halves

True, our winning streak in the middle of the year ended when Myler came back from injury and the team struggled in attack

RE: Hull KR want Myler on season long loan - camdentiger - 10-21-2014 09:00 AM

plus one

RE: Hull KR want Myler on season long loan - MOT - 10-21-2014 09:04 AM

(10-20-2014 09:12 PM)the grest Wrote:  

True, our winning streak in the middle of the year ended when Myler came back from injury and the team struggled in attack

He makes mistakes every game, decision making is his main job and he looks lost at times (gormless face probably doesn't help)

I've never been a fan of his, just in case that wasn't clear

RE: Hull KR want Myler on season long loan - Genghis Von Battenberg - 10-21-2014 09:24 AM

(10-21-2014 09:04 AM)MOT Wrote:  

He makes mistakes every game, decision making is his main job and he looks lost at times (gormless face probably doesn't help)

Not sure I subscribe to that. I'm not sure Wire truly play with decision makers, and a traditional 6/7 combination. They're an offloading, break-making team, and their halves and fullback are essentially support merchants. Hooker is the organiser for Wire, usually.

RE: Hull KR want Myler on season long loan - MOT - 10-21-2014 09:28 AM

(10-21-2014 09:24 AM)Genghis Von Battenberg Wrote:  
(10-21-2014 09:04 AM)MOT Wrote:  

Not sure I subscribe to that. I'm not sure Wire truly play with decision makers, and a traditional 6/7 combination. They're an offloading, break-making team, and their halves and fullback are essentially support merchants. Hooker is the organiser for Wire, usually.

Hooker is only the organiser because they're the most experienced for Wire.

Briers guided them around the pitch and when wire were at Headingley at the start of the season, it was embarrassing how devoid of ideas they were (that's coming from a leeds fan with years of watching us look bemused on how to cross the line from close range)

Myler has run behind his own men umpteen times, made numerous wrong calls, saying he just needs to be a support player (which is the only thing he's reasonable at) is a cop out.

Oh and he doesn't have a kicking game