Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Leeds Rhinos 2017 - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Super League (/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: Leeds Rhinos (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Leeds Rhinos 2017 (/thread-19643.html)

Leeds Rhinos 2017 - jools - 11-22-2016 02:02 PM

(11-22-2016 11:16 AM)chesterhino Wrote:  
(11-22-2016 10:50 AM)jools Wrote:  
(11-22-2016 09:49 AM)Moc Wrote:  
(11-22-2016 08:33 AM)Cheese Wrote:  
(11-22-2016 08:07 AM)Moc Wrote:  I thought we worked out if you have people on ignore you still 100% FACT read their posts....

no,, we didnt work that out at all.

the only possible is when they are quoted by another... please keep up moco.

You must have read a rare day off the forum that day cheese

Its been 100% FACT confirmed im afraid

(11-22-2016 09:39 AM)chesterhino Wrote:  
(11-22-2016 08:32 AM)RhinoTog Wrote:  http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/leeds-rhinos/leeds-rhinos-rhinos-confident-star-hooker-segeyaro-will-see-out-his-contract-1-8250763

Sent from my G620S-L01 using Tapatalk

Not looking great, but I don't believe anything that comes out of the club

Segeyaro has been given an extended break in Australia and is not due back at Leeds to begin pre-season until January, but has been issued a training schedule to work on during his stay in Sydney.

Hmm this worries me, whats odd him coming back overweight, if he comes back at all

It's not unusual for those from the Southern Hemisphere to be given extended leave to be at home with their families for Christmas. When are the others from that neck of the woods in the Leeds squad back?

Moon and Galloway are still in aus

Delaney/cuthbertson/garbutt are back

There ya go then, not the only one!

RE: Leeds Rhinos 2017 - Moc - 11-23-2016 08:24 AM

Galloway is injuired for start of season and Moon is Moon

Seggy away worries me

RE: Leeds Rhinos 2017 - chesterhino - 11-23-2016 09:39 AM

doesnt worry me, delaney on previous seasons was there until january.

the paper reports are what worry me

RE: Leeds Rhinos 2017 - chesterhino - 11-23-2016 01:08 PM

Leeds Rhinos Chief Executive Gary Hetherington has confirmed that James Segeyaro will remain at the club and is looking forward to next season with the Rhinos.
Hetherington met with the Papua New Guinean hooker in Sydney and has confirmed that a number of NRL clubs have shown an interest in securing Segeyaro. Hetherington is in Australia finalising plans for the club's official tours to the World Cup next season.

Hetherington commented, “There has been interest from NRL clubs in James and one club in particular but I have explained to them that Leeds Rhinos are not prepared to consider a release or transfer so that is the end of the matter. I met up with James here in Sydney and he is in good condition and due back with us on 3rd January.”

Segeyaro joined the Rhinos from Penrith Panthers in July for the remainder of the 2016 season, making ten appearances for the club and scoring six tries.

He made his NRL debut in 2011 against Melbourne Storm for the Cowboys and went on to play 33 times for them before joining the Panthers in 2013. He made 70 appearances for Penrith and scored 26 tries.

Given the short notice that Segeyaro joined the Rhinos with in July, he has been given extra time at home in Australia during the close season but has a training programme that mirrors the work the players who are currently in pre-season are doing. Rhinos Head of Athletic Performance Jason Davidson, who is in weekly contact with Segeyaro, commented, “James has the same programme as the current squad. This is something we have done for a number of years when our overseas players are allowed extra time back home during the off season.”

RE: Leeds Rhinos 2017 - whotobeA - 11-26-2016 12:43 PM

SEGEYARO WANTS TO LEAVE LEEDS

Speaking to the Daily Telegraph in Australia, James Segeyaro has broke his silence on his desperate bid to remain in Australia. The PNG hooker spoke of his ‘struggle with the English culture’ while also declaring; “this isn’t about rugby league, it’s about happiness.’’

“We always tell people, ‘if you’re not happy, then why are you doing it?,’’ Segeyaro said. “And that’s what this is about, being happy.’’

“I couldn’t thank Gary enough, the coaching staff and the players for accepting me the way they did. The fans made playing there, great.

“And my time there, although it was only eight weeks, helped me to mature as a person and be independent.

“But it’s hard when it’s just you eating dinner by yourself within four walls, especially the type of person I am.

“You start missing home, you look on your phone and see your parents and friends, who I treat like family and you’re a million miles away.

“That’s probably when I started questioning; ‘why am I doing this?’

“I’ve never been further than a quick flight home to mum and dad ... and here I was living in a different country.

“The last two weeks I spent over there I tried hard to get into the English culture as I was really struggling.

“But I’m from North Queensland and I was born to go outside all the time. I fish, swim, go camping, all my childhood was outside.

“I haven’t talked with any Clubs nor have I signed with anyone, how can I anyway? I need to sort out this matter.

“I wouldn’t say I was pressured into taking up an option to re-sign with Leeds, but I certainly didn’t have the support network I lean on when I make key life decisions.

“I told them (Leeds) I can’t make the decision to take up the option (to remain with the club until the end of 2017) without sitting down with my family.

“But we had a deadline and I had to make a decision. That’s what I’ve explained to Gary throughout this period.

“I want to get on with my life and unfortunately, that doesn’t include going back to the UK. I just can’t do it

“I have a clothing label business that I am working on and I’m focused on my business studies. My dream is to open a cafe in Cairns, sometime in the future.

“I’m due back with Leeds on January 3, but honestly I’m not even looking that far ahead, I’m just taking each day as it comes.’’
Credit- serious about rugby league

RE: Leeds Rhinos 2017 - chesterhino - 11-26-2016 12:58 PM

Can't say I'm surprised!

Leeds are in the shit next season and the lack of quality recruitment is going to bite us in the arse

Leeds Rhinos 2017 - jools - 11-26-2016 01:09 PM

Big blow for Leeds. Even if he ends up coming back it's clear he doesn't really want to.

RE: Leeds Rhinos 2017 - whotobeA - 11-26-2016 01:16 PM

He's real class & Leeds should pull out all the stops to make him feel at home. Get the Aussie lads to take him out, get him training in the canaries for a couple of week, outside military training & whatever else it takes to get him though to summer when it warms up a bit.

Remember us having similar problems with Mitchell Sargent but we managed to hold him for a second season.

Leeds Rhinos 2017 - jools - 11-26-2016 01:20 PM

No point trying to hang onto a player who doesn't want to stay.

RE: Leeds Rhinos 2017 - chesterhino - 11-26-2016 01:32 PM

They've done that since he came whotobea,

I'm more annoyed by yet more lies from GH in the press