Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Leeds Rhinos 2017 - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Super League (/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: Leeds Rhinos (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Leeds Rhinos 2017 (/thread-19643.html)

RE: Leeds Rhinos 2017 - Cheese - 11-29-2016 05:59 PM

the NRL wont register him if leeds hold his registration for SL.

RE: Leeds Rhinos 2017 - Rhino1984 - 11-29-2016 06:51 PM

But if he doesn't turn up or doesn't play ball Leeds will have to sack him eventually which is probably what he wants. For instances like that the he should be banned from registering with another club for the term of the contract he had with the club.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

RE: Leeds Rhinos 2017 - whotobeA - 11-29-2016 07:22 PM

RFL STATEMENT ON PLAYER CONTRACTS

Chief Executive Nigel Wood, said: "The RFL is extremely disappointed to learn that properly contracted Super League players may not be fulfilling the terms of their employment with Super League clubs as agreed.

"Contracts are two way commitments mutually binding on both parties. The RFL will support its member clubs absolutely to defend their contractual positions and will work with other similarly inclined Governing Bodies to ensure that the unacceptable potential anarchy of lawful contracts simply being walked away from, is not tolerated."

RE: Leeds Rhinos 2017 - camdentiger - 11-29-2016 08:49 PM

(11-29-2016 05:00 PM)Rhino1984 Wrote:  Whatever peoples thoughts on Gary Hetherington he is right in this instance and for the good of the game Leeds need a positive solution.
Last year he was dropped by Penrith and there was no interest from other NRL clubs so we picked him up for the remainder of the season. When the option came up for him to sign for a further 2 years I'm guessing no other clubs were in for him so he would have been delighted to sign a contract. Now it seems cronulla are interested but I'm guessing they won't want to pay a fee.
In my view if they pay a fee then they can sign him but if they don't and he fails to return to Leeds then he shouldn't be allowed to register with any other club for 2 years.

Plus one

RE: Leeds Rhinos 2017 - whotobeA - 11-30-2016 08:17 AM

Morley back to Leeds!!! (Academy coach)

RE: Leeds Rhinos 2017 - chesterhino - 11-30-2016 09:09 AM

(11-29-2016 08:49 PM)camdentiger Wrote:  
(11-29-2016 05:00 PM)Rhino1984 Wrote:  Whatever peoples thoughts on Gary Hetherington he is right in this instance and for the good of the game Leeds need a positive solution.
Last year he was dropped by Penrith and there was no interest from other NRL clubs so we picked him up for the remainder of the season. When the option came up for him to sign for a further 2 years I'm guessing no other clubs were in for him so he would have been delighted to sign a contract. Now it seems cronulla are interested but I'm guessing they won't want to pay a fee.
In my view if they pay a fee then they can sign him but if they don't and he fails to return to Leeds then he shouldn't be allowed to register with any other club for 2 years.

Plus one

Totally agree, a stand needs to be taken to stop players from doing this in future

RE: Leeds Rhinos 2017 - MOT - 11-30-2016 09:34 AM

(11-30-2016 08:17 AM)whotobeA Wrote:  Morley back to Leeds!!! (Academy coach)

Good signing

(11-30-2016 09:09 AM)chesterhino Wrote:  

Plus one

Totally agree, a stand needs to be taken to stop players from doing this in future

That's what all 3 clubs (Leeds, Wire and Cas) are doing and rightly so.

How many years did each player have on their contract?

Seg 2 years
Sandow 1 years?
Solo 2 years?

I'd happily see all of them rot on the sidelines for at least a year

RE: Leeds Rhinos 2017 - camdentiger - 11-30-2016 10:53 AM

(11-30-2016 09:34 AM)MOT Wrote:  
(11-30-2016 08:17 AM)whotobeA Wrote:  Morley back to Leeds!!! (Academy coach)

Good signing

(11-30-2016 09:09 AM)chesterhino Wrote:  

Plus one

That's what all 3 clubs (Leeds, Wire and Cas) are doing and rightly so.

How many years did each player have on their contract?

Seg 2 years
Sandow 1 years?
Solo 2 years?

I'd happily see all of them rot on the sidelines for at least a year

Fuck 'em, make them sit on the sidelines for the entirety of what is left on their contract. Let's set a precedent to try to stop this from happening again

RE: Leeds Rhinos 2017 - Moc - 11-30-2016 10:54 AM

Plus one to all of this

Cas, Wire, Leeds, RFL all need to strand strong on this!

RE: Leeds Rhinos 2017 - camdentiger - 11-30-2016 01:00 PM

John Boubdebza would've been a decent option at hooker for Leeds as his contract was up at HKR, but he's gone back to France