Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Leeds Rhinos 2017 - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Super League (/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: Leeds Rhinos (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Leeds Rhinos 2017 (/thread-19643.html)

RE: Leeds Rhinos 2017 - MOT - 01-25-2017 07:17 AM

(01-24-2017 10:44 PM)jools Wrote:  Give your head a wobble- how is it ridiculous that he chooses to go on holiday! so your are saying now that players can't go skiing on holiday in case they get hurt?
Best not get in a car then, or walk, best not use any electrical equipment, stairs can be dodgy perhaps he should just stay in bed....

Skiing is high risk, that's why a lot of professional sports players don't do it and insurers exclude it if they injure themselves

Given what he's been through and the potential risk to his knee, it's idiotic

RE: Leeds Rhinos 2017 - chesterhino - 01-25-2017 04:21 PM

(01-25-2017 07:17 AM)MOT Wrote:  
(01-24-2017 10:44 PM)jools Wrote:  Give your head a wobble- how is it ridiculous that he chooses to go on holiday! so your are saying now that players can't go skiing on holiday in case they get hurt?
Best not get in a car then, or walk, best not use any electrical equipment, stairs can be dodgy perhaps he should just stay in bed....

Skiing is high risk, that's why a lot of professional sports players don't do it and insurers exclude it if they injure themselves

Given what he's been through and the potential risk to his knee, it's idiotic

Plus one, a lot of sportsmen aren't allowed to go skiing, its in their contracts.

Even rosberg said last week he can finally go skiing after not being allowed to.

Ward should have had the sense to do a sport that is so demanding on the knees such as skiing, its common fucking sense. Especially with a knee like his.

Leeds Rhinos 2017 - jools - 01-25-2017 05:45 PM

Rugby is high risk.... Yeh- he shouldn't be allowed to go skiing - he should have bust it up on the rugby field ....

RE: Leeds Rhinos 2017 - captain tripps - 01-25-2017 05:58 PM

I think your way wide of the mark jools but hey ho , if we all thought a like i guess we would be classed as robots.

RE: Leeds Rhinos 2017 - chesterhino - 01-25-2017 07:40 PM

Plus one

RE: Leeds Rhinos 2017 - MOT - 01-25-2017 10:55 PM

(01-25-2017 05:45 PM)jools Wrote:  Rugby is high risk.... Yeh- he shouldn't be allowed to go skiing - he should have bust it up on the rugby field ....

So you'd be happy if one of your players had to retire because they participated in extreme sports in the off season?

I'm amazed it's not in his contract, Leeds have invested a lot in him and it potentially puts the rest of his career at risk.

He's got decades to piss about skiing after he retires

Leeds Rhinos 2017 - jools - 01-25-2017 11:20 PM

(01-25-2017 10:55 PM)MOT Wrote:  
(01-25-2017 05:45 PM)jools Wrote:  Rugby is high risk.... Yeh- he shouldn't be allowed to go skiing - he should have bust it up on the rugby field ....

So you'd be happy if one of your players had to retire because they participated in extreme sports in the off season?

I'm amazed it's not in his contract, Leeds have invested a lot in him and it potentially puts the rest of his career at risk.

Extreme sport plenty of 4 year olds on the ski slopes -it's hardly an extreme sport.

"One of my players" had to retire because he participated in rugby league.......
Where he chose to go on holiday (he did actually go skiiing) is sweet FA to do with anyone.
Would you insist surfing is banned too?

RE: Leeds Rhinos 2017 - Cheese - 01-26-2017 07:16 AM

i havent tried skiing

RE: Leeds Rhinos 2017 - chesterhino - 01-26-2017 09:39 AM

Jools has spoken, the thousands of sportsmen around the world that aren't allowed to ski are all wrong....

Don't speak sense mot. It's not welcome here

RE: Leeds Rhinos 2017 - MOT - 01-26-2017 01:38 PM

(01-25-2017 11:20 PM)jools Wrote:  

Extreme sport plenty of 4 year olds on the ski slopes -it's hardly an extreme sport.

"One of my players" had to retire because he participated in rugby league.......
Where he chose to go on holiday (he did actually go skiiing) is sweet FA to do with anyone.
Would you insist surfing is banned too?

It's classed as an extreme sport, especially in insurance terms, which is relevant.

Turns out clauses all started because of a skiing accident

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2015/07/06/yes-there-are-some-things-pro-athletes-arent-allowed-to-do/?utm_term=.7eaee77cf204

I'd limit them doing anything that's high risk.

Bringing up a player(s) that had to retire because of injuries sustained within the sport they are paid to play is nonsensical in this discussion.

I'm amazed you've not heard of clauses before.