Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Leeds Rhinos 2017 - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Super League (/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: Leeds Rhinos (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Leeds Rhinos 2017 (/thread-19643.html)

Leeds 2016 - Rhinos77 - 10-13-2015 08:02 PM

(10-12-2015 06:50 PM)leeds79 Wrote:  I'd be disappointed if we didn't win a trophy and massively disappointed if we weren't competitive. Think of the impact cuthbertson has made this year, if we recruit well then a couple of quality signing should ensure we have another good season.

Who you expecting/ hoping comes in 79?

I'm hoping we sign a hooker. Gave us the attacking shape we've been lacking this season IMO.

RE: Leeds 2016 - MOT - 10-13-2015 08:16 PM

Clarke is the best we can hope for, I'd settle for Houghton.

Can't see us signing a HB after what mags said following the gf.

Ideally we need one of either or two hookers otherwise we're short of any decent cover

RE: Leeds 2016 - leeds79 - 10-13-2015 09:43 PM

(10-13-2015 08:02 PM)Rhinos77 Wrote:  
(10-12-2015 06:50 PM)leeds79 Wrote:  I'd be disappointed if we didn't win a trophy and massively disappointed if we weren't competitive. Think of the impact cuthbertson has made this year, if we recruit well then a couple of quality signing should ensure we have another good season.

I'm hoping we sign a hooker. Gave us the attacking shape we've been lacking this season IMO.

Hooker definitely. I'd prefer Clark obviously but if wire can't find a replacement then that probably won't happen ( even though he is up for the move allegedly). Falloon from the titans is the latest/ strongest link.

Although it's not a priority I'd like another second rower and looking at the players they've signed we may get westerman from hull.

I know a lot disagree with me but I also think we need a top class 'kicking/organising' half back. I'd love widdop but that won't happen so I'm not sure who we'd go for assuming we go for anybody at all.

I was sat next to brierly at old Trafford and should of asked if he was joining us but I bottled it cos I didn't want to look like a gay boy.

Leeds 2016 - Rhinos77 - 10-13-2015 11:40 PM

(10-13-2015 09:43 PM)leeds79 Wrote:  
(10-13-2015 08:02 PM)Rhinos77 Wrote:  

Hooker definitely. I'd prefer Clark obviously but if wire can't find a replacement then that probably won't happen ( even though he is up for the move allegedly). Falloon from the titans is the latest/ strongest link.

Although it's not a priority I'd like another second rower and looking at the players they've signed we may get westerman from hull.

I know a lot disagree with me but I also think we need a top class 'kicking/organising' half back. I'd love widdop but that won't happen so I'm not sure who we'd go for assuming we go for anybody at all.

I was sat next to brierly at old Trafford and should of asked if he was joining us but I bottled it cos I didn't want to look like a gay boy.

Hooker - we definitely need someone. Even if it's s journeyman. I just don't like Burrow in at 9 not that I don't rate Burrow I just think he's more useful off the bench or in the halves. Not as our main hooker. I don't think he likes it either.

I can see Brierley coming when either Burrow or Mags leave or at least announce their retirement. Can't see it happening before. We'll know where we are with regards to Sutty and Lilley.

2nd Row - bloody hell mate we have so much cover there it'd have to be someone special - or do you mean longer term as a JJB replacement?

Where I feel we're going to feel the difference is leadership more than actual any obvious gaps. Loosing two key leaders has got to affect the team

RE: Leeds 2016 - leeds79 - 10-14-2015 06:36 AM

Achurch might be leaving, even if he isn't he's still very injury prone. Jjb and Delaney are getting old and are injury prone.walters, kienhorst and minchella are promising but need to have their game time managed. For me we need a quality back rower who can come in immediately and share the work load with ablett and ward.

RE: Leeds 2016 - chesterhino - 10-14-2015 06:44 AM

cant say i agree on needing a 2nd rower, we have alot of cover there.
im still not sure whether sutcliffe long term will be a half back, i can see him going 2nd row, loose forward, he has a good sized frame for it. hes put on some bulk whilst being injured.

hooker is no1 target, if we do, i could see us going with burrow and mcguire in the halves alot next season

RE: Leeds 2016 - Rhino1984 - 10-14-2015 09:23 AM

Hooker has to be top priority but i'd rather not get a journeyman. I'd be happy with houghton. With no Peacock and Aiton next season you lose 80-100 tackles a game, Houghton would fill that void.
1st choice would be Clarke though. Hodgson would be a good one if he fancied a return from the NRL but I doubt that as they highly rate him.
I'd quite like us to sign Westerman but we wouldn't need any more back rowers than that.
We will have Ward, Ablett, Delaney, Keinhorst, Minchella at least, and Cameron Smith, our highly rated academy player is a back rower and tipped for game time next year. Sutcliffe can be used as cover also.
We do need to look to the future and a quality half back but that could be Lilley and Golding. Golding played his amatuer career as a halfback I believe and it will have been with Lilley at Stanningley. Could end up being a devastating pairing.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

RE: Leeds 2016 - Moc - 10-14-2015 09:49 AM

we need a play maker - be it a attacking hooker or a half back

RE: Leeds 2016 - chesterhino - 10-14-2015 11:05 AM

adrian morley is playing for leeds next week against the kiwi's

RE: Leeds 2016 - MOT - 10-14-2015 11:42 AM

So it's a bit of a piss take of a game

Quote:The game will be the official farewell to legends Jamie Peacock, Kevin Sinfield and Kylie Leuluai with presentations to the players after the game and a chance to celebrate the historic treble at Headingley Carnegie. Jamie Peacock will not be playing in the game. The rest of the Grand Final squad, including Kevin Sinfield and Kylie Leuluai but not our three England team members, have been given this week off and will report back next week when the medical team will assess the squad injury wise. The hope is that both Sinfield and Leuluai will be able to play some part in the game but all three players will be present on the night to salute the Headingley faithful and thank them for their support throughout their Rhinos careers. England players Zak Hardaker, Kallum Watkins and Ryan Hall are not expected to feature against New Zealand with England set to play France at Leigh the following day.

Quite torn, would like to be there for the send off but it's going to be an odd looking leeds side