Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Leeds Rhinos 2017 - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Super League (/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: Leeds Rhinos (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Leeds Rhinos 2017 (/thread-19643.html)

RE: Leeds 2016 - therealchunkdog - 05-01-2016 07:24 AM

(04-30-2016 09:46 PM)rhino65 Wrote:  The fun will start when Hall and Briscoe are fit. Handley ( bar the bombs on Friday) has been very good. He really does look a good SL winger. The aforementioned will have to do more than live on past glories to dislodge him from the 13.

I haven't been a big fan of hall for the past few seasons, but I think his extra yardage in returning the ball from kicks is needed. Also think he'll do more carries of the ball as our tiring ageing pack looked shattered Friday. Earl Crabtree skipped past Galloway on Friday night. I'm pretty sure I could skip past him aswell ?. In that 2nd half they were able to put so many bombs up because they got over the advantage line on every tackle. Ended up about 30 metres out on tackle 5 nearly every play. Just put pressure on fullback and wingers.

RE: Leeds 2016 - chesterhino - 05-01-2016 08:34 AM

Agree with the comments about handley, doesn't deserve to be dropped, he's improved under the high ball and defensively. He also seems stronger in the collision now.

Hall shouldn't get his place back until his defence improves, because up to getting injured, he was shocking.

RE: Leeds 2016 - fizzer - 05-01-2016 09:02 AM

tis hard to take in after the last few years
thought this season would be hard , but bloody norah, it's depressing watching t'rhinos losing game after game

probably will come good in the end , gunna have to be patient

[Image: oP6xEjL.jpg]

[Image: cq0eL2N.gif]

RE: Leeds 2016 - MOT - 05-01-2016 09:17 AM

(05-01-2016 08:34 AM)chesterhino Wrote:  Agree with the comments about handley, doesn't deserve to be dropped, he's improved under the high ball and defensively. He also seems stronger in the collision now.

Hall shouldn't get his place back until his defence improves, because up to getting injured, he was shocking.

As soon as hall and briscoe are fully fit, they'll be on the wings.

The benefit is that, as long as MCD is strong enough, if they have a poor game, Handley can come in.

Same applies for Jimmy and Watkins IMO. When we've got all our second row back, Jimmy and moon would currently be as better option at centre

Leeds 2016 - jools - 05-01-2016 09:47 AM

(05-01-2016 07:24 AM)therealchunkdog Wrote:  
(04-30-2016 09:46 PM)rhino65 Wrote:  The fun will start when Hall and Briscoe are fit. Handley ( bar the bombs on Friday) has been very good. He really does look a good SL winger. The aforementioned will have to do more than live on past glories to dislodge him from the 13.

I haven't been a big fan of hall for the past few seasons, but I think his extra yardage in returning the ball from kicks is needed. Also think he'll do more carries of the ball as our tiring ageing pack looked shattered Friday. Earl Crabtree skipped past Galloway on Friday night. I'm pretty sure I could skip past him aswell ?.
Code:
b
In that 2nd half they were able to put so many bombs up because they got over the advantage line on every tackle. Ended up about 30 metres out on tackle 5 nearly every play.
Code:
b
Just put pressure on fullback and wingers.

Think you're seeing that wrong- you made more metres than us with 30 less carries.
We hardly ever make more metres than the opposition.

RE: Leeds 2016 - captain tripps - 05-01-2016 09:55 AM

I think galloway had a good game friday,i havent been a fan of his because of pens he has given away but i thought our pack worked really hard.
And garbutt has been immense the last 2 games,he has to be first choice prop now for me.

RE: Leeds 2016 - rhino65 - 05-01-2016 10:33 AM

(05-01-2016 07:24 AM)therealchunkdog Wrote:  

I haven't been a big fan of hall for the past few seasons, but I think his extra yardage in returning the ball from kicks is needed. Also think he'll do more carries of the ball as our tiring ageing pack looked shattered Friday. Earl Crabtree skipped past Galloway on Friday night. I'm pretty sure I could skip past him aswell ?. In that 2nd half they were able to put so many bombs up because they got over the advantage line on every tackle. Ended up about 30 metres out on tackle 5 nearly every play. Just put pressure on fullback and wingers.
Making meters isn't the problem. That's errors and penalties leading us to make 60+ more tackles than Giants. Watkins chipped in with a very generous 6 errors towards the forwards looking tired. Don't know where you get ageing pack from.

Leeds 2016 - jools - 05-01-2016 10:41 AM

You won't make that many errors and miss that many tackles this week!

RE: Leeds 2016 - rhino65 - 05-01-2016 10:56 AM

A chance to put it right quickly!

RE: Leeds 2016 - MOT - 05-02-2016 09:11 AM

(05-01-2016 09:55 AM)captain tripps Wrote:  I think galloway had a good game friday,i havent been a fan of his because of pens he has given away but i thought our pack worked really hard.
And garbutt has been immense the last 2 games,he has to be first choice prop now for me.

42 tackles and 161 metres for garb!