Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Wire-best fans in league bar none - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Super League (/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: Warrington Wolves (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Wire-best fans in league bar none (/thread-2670.html)

Pages: 1 2

Wire-best fans in league bar none - westborough_bull - 05-02-2011 10:16 AM

Just about recovered from the hiding you gave us at odsal yesterday, just wanted to say you are the loudest and most passionate fans in the league bar none, hope you give Leeds another hiding like you did at wembley when you play em at headingley next month. Will be there with my brother who is a wire fan!

RE: Wire-best fans in league bar none - Cheese - 05-02-2011 10:24 AM

welcome westbro.

RE: Wire-best fans in league bar none - Rhinojase - 05-02-2011 10:38 AM

Welcome but wire wont give us another hiding well at least i hope they dont and neither imo do they have the best or most passionate fans

RE: Wire-best fans in league bar none - boost - 05-03-2011 05:53 AM

(05-02-2011 10:16 AM)westborough_bull Wrote:  Just about recovered from the hiding you gave us at odsal yesterday, just wanted to say you are the loudest and most passionate fans in the league bar none, hope you give Leeds another hiding like you did at wembley when you play em at headingley next month. Will be there with my brother who is a wire fan!

Lol, I take it that you have never encountered Warrington fans, pre-Tony Smith then. Boooooo!!!! But fair dos they were loud. I'll be cheering for Leeds when they play Warrington. Smile

RE: Wire-best fans in league bar none - Cheese - 05-03-2011 09:21 AM

westborough, wee bit lacking in bulls fans here. you need encouraging??

RE: Wire-best fans in league bar none - Quickening - 05-03-2011 11:36 AM

Pre-Tony Smith?

Wire fans were booing when they got knocked out the playofs by Hudds, Tony Smith was in charge then.

Saying that I don't agree that booing necessarily means fans aren't passionate, just stupid maybe.

RE: Wire-best fans in league bar none - boost - 05-03-2011 03:30 PM

(05-03-2011 11:36 AM)Quickening Wrote:  Pre-Tony Smith?

Wire fans were booing when they got knocked out the playofs by Hudds, Tony Smith was in charge then.

Saying that I don't agree that booing necessarily means fans aren't passionate, just stupid maybe.

Lol, never felt the need to boo my team. When the Crusaders got stuffed by Wakefield last year, I left as soon as the final hooter sounded. No booing, just didn't bother to clapping the players off the field, players aren't stupid, they didn't need me to remind them that they had let themselves down! Smile

RE: Wire-best fans in league bar none - Sardine Jimmy - 05-03-2011 05:41 PM

(05-02-2011 10:38 AM)Rhinojase Wrote:  Welcome but wire wont give us another hiding well at least i hope they dont and neither imo do they have the best or most passionate fans

agreed jase

RE: Wire-best fans in league bar none - westborough_bull - 05-03-2011 06:49 PM

Well I can only go on my own experience I remember back in the "pre tony smith" era when we beat warrington heavily at odsal and they out sung us for 80 minutes and were still singing and chanting after the hooter, which has got to be admired. Unlike the so called leeds fans who were last seen leaving wembley at a rate of a 100 a minute with ten minutes to go rather than waiting to clap off their team, and were barely even heard at odsal a week last thursday until big keith went over for them followed by ryan hall, and even then all they sung was a football song.

And to be fair unlike certain fans from clubs who will remain nameless, each time Ive travelled away with warrington( i.e to Huddersfield, Wakefield, Wigan, Saints,etc) with my wire supporting brother, Ive had nothing but a positive experience win or lose! Because of the supporters, who often made long dark, wet nights at Knowsley Road and Headingley feel like you wouldn"t want to be anywhere else even when the team was poor. A majority of fans with a belting sense of humour who knew well I support Bradford but couldnt care less cos I was drinking with them on the day and enjoying the same game they were.

RE: Wire-best fans in league bar none - Quickening - 05-03-2011 07:02 PM

westborough people who only watch games on sky know more about the atmosphere than you, trust me.

lol.