Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - chesterhino - 11-17-2013 07:43 AM

The degale fight last night was shit.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 11-17-2013 08:11 AM

The Eubank fight was decent enough, the degale fight wasn't brilliant tbf. He's not gonna draw a crowd with those fights. He should stop talking about groves now IMO, if he loses to groves again the his career would be down the pan. There are plenty of good fights at the weight.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 11-17-2013 11:54 AM

Degale is just quietly racking up the wins. Hitting and not getting hit isnt a bad way to go about it.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 11-17-2013 01:50 PM

gotta sell tickets though./

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 11-17-2013 01:53 PM

Theres alot of fickle fans out there. Amazing what success brings with it.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - rhino65 - 11-17-2013 03:16 PM

If he gets his head down and stops concentrating on his trashy image, there's a more than handy boxer in there.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - chesterhino - 11-17-2013 07:57 PM

Former WBA world heavyweight champion David Haye's boxing future is in serious doubt after shoulder surgery.
The 33-year-old had shoulder reconstruction in Germany on Thursday and says he has been told to consider ending his professional career.
"The boxing gods keep hinting that maybe enough is enough," said the Londoner, who will cancel his February date with fellow Briton Tyson Fury.
"It's a crushing blow for me. This wasn't how I wanted to end 2013."
Haye announced his retirement in October 2011, three months after losing his WBA belt to Ukrainian Wladimir Klitscho in Germany but he returned to the ring the following year.
He added: "I genuinely believed the shoulder injury wasn't that bad. But the doctor sent me for a detailed MRI scan and within 24 hours I was told the full extent of the damage. Twenty-four hours after that I was in the operating theatre.
"I had big plans for next year and the ultimate goal was to win back the world heavyweight title.
"What I didn't anticipate was that this year would be the unluckiest of my career and that a number of injuries would disrupt my plans so much. Perhaps it just wasn't meant to be."
Haye's last fight was a knockout win over Dereck Chisora at London's Upton Park in July 2012 and he has only fought twice since 2010.
He had been due to fight Fury in Manchester in September but that bout was called off after he suffered a cut in training and had been rescheduled for 8 February.
"The surgery and subsequent results are a bitter pill to swallow because I truly felt I had a lot more to offer and was looking forward to paying back my loyal fans with some great fights in 2014," Haye added.
"But I've been boxing for 23 years now, amateur and pro, and this has clearly taken its toll on my body.
"If I'm now destined to have won the European Championship, the Unified World Cruiserweight Championship and the WBA heavyweight championship of the world - with a record of 28 fights, 26 wins, 24 victories coming via knockout and only two defeats - then so be it.
"I'm proud of these achievements and consider my boxing career a huge success."

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 11-17-2013 08:29 PM

The hw scene is a sham!!! 2 fights in 3 yrs & his shoulders have gone to powder. Fury talking bollocks & making an arse of British boxing. 2 robot brothers dominating the division with jabs for far too many yrs, there's nothing about on the domestic or world scene that I can get interested in. Shite!

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 11-17-2013 08:36 PM

Anthony Joshua?

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 11-17-2013 08:40 PM

Decent start but not faced anybody of interest yet. I hope he makes it I really do but I'd say at least a yr off before he makes any ripples.