Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - MOT - 11-18-2013 01:16 PM

(11-17-2013 08:42 PM)drsrhino Wrote:  But thats the excitement surely?

I remember watching kell brook for the first time. Prince Naseem for the first time, fucking nigel benn for the first time.

Is that what made him so angry?

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 11-18-2013 02:41 PM

He loved it.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - The Man With No Name - 11-18-2013 03:26 PM

(11-17-2013 08:59 PM)drsrhino Wrote:  Exactly. Didnt want to miss any of em.

I'm like that with Froch. He's so exciting to watch. The way he dismantled Bute and the toe-to-toe war with Kessler were awesome fights.

I remember he fought Jean Pascal on ITV. On the same night Pacman was fighting De La Hoya on PPV and me and a mate went halves on it but the best fight on that night was the one we didn't pay for. Pascal's chin took some reet hammer and he just took it and traded. Brilliant battle.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 11-18-2013 04:50 PM

froch has had bucketloads of utterly dull fights, bucketfuckenloads.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 11-18-2013 05:50 PM

(11-18-2013 04:50 PM)Cheese Wrote:  froch has had bucketloads of utterly dull fights, bucketfuckenloads.

+1. Was really frustrating in his early fights. Quite embarrassing too when he had been shite yet called out calzaghe over and over.

To be fair to froch, he really stepped it up in the super 6. Realised you have to take chances at the very top.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 11-18-2013 06:01 PM

Really interested in frochs career since he went through the also rans. It usually takes 15-20 ish fights & I seem to remember him ko'ing Brian Magee in a decent fight & then a very decent robin Reid. The pascal fight was monster & he was a weight class above froch. Then he's taken on all comers since & got better with time including the destructions of good fighters in bute & Kessler. Many of calzaghes fights were yawn fests but it was a bit embarrassing Froch calling him out at that stage but that's what happens throughout the game including him giving groves his chance. That said I can never see him getting near Andre ward but who does.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 11-18-2013 09:28 PM

i cant forgive froch the posturing early in his career. and for that, and only that, i hope groves beats him.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 11-18-2013 10:17 PM

We do need a new star. Groves could be the newest one. Froch doesnt look on the wane yet though.

If groves loses and degale loses his eliminator, could be fight 3 on the cards.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - The Man With No Name - 11-19-2013 05:40 PM

From the Super6 to the present day Froch hasn't had a single boring fight. Even against Andre Ward, who was awkward as hell, it was entertaining.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - chesterhino - 11-20-2013 07:11 PM

Anyone watching behind the ropes?

Sounds like booth told groves he wasnt ready for froch and wont beat him.