Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Genghis Von Battenberg - 11-25-2013 04:22 PM

(11-25-2013 07:44 AM)Cheese Wrote:  u seriously dont see him as a threat to mayweather???

cos mayweather does.

I've always thought, as good a fighter he was in his peak, he was always that bit less sharp than Mayweather, and with his 'defences' being the way they are, Mayweather would slaughter him, I reckon. That was underscored in his last two losses. Okay, his win over Rios was comfortable and convincing enough, but I'm not sure that proves he's ready for Mayweather. Proves a point to himself, I guess, mentally.

I took the liberty, after 115 pages, of renaming the thread something a bit more genetic and relevant. Any problems, call 999 and ask for the fire department.

RE: The Boxing Thread - Cheese - 11-25-2013 04:31 PM

with both at their peak mayweather hadnt ever, and will never face a boxer with such fast hands.

shame it couldnt happen back then.

anyway, a decent win for quigg too the other night, maybe a fight with frampton soon??

RE: The Boxing Thread - Genghis Von Battenberg - 11-25-2013 04:37 PM

Quigg looks a decent package. Be interesting to see how he goes on, down the line, like.

Also, while I've got my mod cap on, is it worth my while merging this with the Froch-Groves thread, or should I just leave it how it is?

RE: Froch v Groves - whotobeA - 11-25-2013 04:38 PM

But froch was afforded it because of the mandatory 8 recovery time which he couldn't do for groves cos he hadn't gone down, not bias just the rules.

RE: The Boxing Thread - whotobeA - 11-25-2013 04:43 PM

5yrs ago the fight would have been epic, contrast of styles & 2 p4p best fighters in the world, edge towards Pbf but it was a pickem. Real shame for the sport.

RE: The Boxing Thread - chesterhino - 11-25-2013 04:51 PM

(11-25-2013 04:37 PM)Genghis Von Battenberg Wrote:  Quigg looks a decent package. Be interesting to see how he goes on, down the line, like.

Also, while I've got my mod cap on, is it worth my while merging this with the Froch-Groves thread, or should I just leave it how it is?

Merge merge merge

RE: Froch v Groves - chesterhino - 11-25-2013 04:58 PM

I'm not having that whotobea, ref came in far too early.

RE: The Boxing Thread - Genghis Von Battenberg - 11-25-2013 05:00 PM

Merge to the music. Play that fucking music. Merge to the music, yeah. (Let's get it on.)

RE: The Boxing Thread - Cheese - 11-25-2013 05:04 PM

and in the 6th round??

RE: The Boxing Thread - whotobeA - 11-25-2013 05:05 PM

Wtf is goin on!?!?

Not too early according to the Bbbc I'll ave tha Norz! Lol.