Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - LeedsBarmyArmy - 02-10-2012 11:36 AM

I think khan will battter him

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 02-10-2012 11:38 AM

reckon he is good enough to challenge, and beat, the timothy bradleys and miguel cottos, but mayweather and paquiao are a different league.

hes young though, so when those 2 retire, he is in a group who are all equalish, he has a big opportunity in front of him.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Genghis Von Battenberg - 02-10-2012 11:42 AM

He won't fight Pacquiao (too much respect for his sparring partner). Plus, Mayweather's 'only' 34, though, I reckon he's got another couple of years in him at least, especially someone like Mayweather who keeps himself in good knick. So the challenge of him may not evade Khan through retirement alone, should Khan start winning a few belts.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 02-10-2012 05:41 PM

i be surprised if maywhether if fighting in a couple of yrs, well not unless he gets married again.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - chesterhino - 02-10-2012 05:43 PM

to be fair i think khan has more of a chance of facing mayweather than pac man does.
there is part of both mayweather and pac man that is scared of losing. i think both of those fighters would easily fancy there chances against khan.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Genghis Von Battenberg - 02-10-2012 06:02 PM

I can see those two fighting to be fair. I think both the pressure coming from each other and from the world to fight will get to them, and they'll fight late this year/next year.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 02-10-2012 06:44 PM

reckon its maywether who is scared of losing that donut next to his name. pacman has lost various times.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - chesterhino - 02-11-2012 08:14 AM

aye, you an see where hes coming from....but then again if he does duck the fight with pac man, he will probably always be known as a bottler...even though hes got an unblemished record

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 02-12-2012 01:18 PM

Manny will beat Bradley straightforward style. PBF will have some big scares against Cotto but come through on pts. Manny v PBF end of this yr. Floyd to win ud.

Amir will win the rematch, then another good fight at WW. Amir v PBF next spring.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Dinamita - 03-05-2012 10:47 AM

I think Manny will have his hands full with Bradley personally, his legs have clearly slowed in recent fights.

Bradley obviously isn't as talented as Marquez, in terms of his footwork and ability to time Manny's movements, but he's no mug. I think Pac will take a close decision, perhaps a controversial one.

Floyd beats Cotto, it should have happened in 2008.

Peterson beats Khan again, I'm not convinced that Amir has made the adjustments necessary to beat Peterson, instead preferring to moan about the referee and judges, when in reality he was outboxed, outfought and rightly penalised by the referee.

A fighter with Khan's attributes should be able to deal with a ''diesel tractor'' like Lamont, but he wastes a lot of movement, his defence is poor at times and he's utterly gash on the inside.

If he used his height and reach, picked his punches better and pivoted rather than sidestepped around the ring he'd be formidable.