Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 03-05-2012 10:52 AM

welcome dino.

"clearly outfought and outboxed"

yet without the points deduction he takes the decision....

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Dinamita - 03-05-2012 11:00 AM

Not on my card he didn't ;-)

I had Peterson winning 7-5, so a three point margin taking into account the KD against him and the two points off Khan.

114-111 Peterson.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 03-05-2012 11:04 AM

u werent a judge were u??

fact is, the guys charged with adjudicating the fight had khan winning if the controversial points reduction exercise hadnt been in place.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Dinamita - 03-05-2012 11:07 AM

The right man still got the nod, regardless.

Pretty fair decision IMO, unlike Marquez vs Pacquiao. That was disgraceful.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 03-05-2012 11:12 AM

happens in all sports where people make value judgements. no way round i dont think.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 03-05-2012 02:33 PM

Marquez vs Pacquiao. That was disgraceful
--------------
I'll go with that. It was in their 2nd fight as well. The first too close but Marquez has been badly treat by the scoring in their fights.

I feel khan was definatley victim of a hometown decision & the Mustapha stuff was pretty dodgy as well. I also think with Freddie Roach watching the tapes back will cruise Khan through to a UD.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Dinamita - 03-05-2012 03:26 PM

I had Marquez winning all three fights, but the first was the closest taking into account the three KD's. The 3rd was the easiest to score, Marquez basically dominated the action - the only thing you could say is that he didn't throw enough punches, but played Pacquiao like a string puppet and made him look silly, think I had it 10-2 to Marquez, I just can't reward ''aggression'', when it mainly comprises of rushing in and missing - which is what happened.

Khan should be able to beat Peterson, who's nothing special it's got to be said. Roach will have a strategy planned but Khan may revert to type if he gets hit as much as he did first time.... he unravelled a lot in the late rounds, a more relentless pressure fighter may have got him out of there.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 03-05-2012 03:45 PM

Would probably say Marquez all 3 as well but the first was a bit of a war, despite the 3 kd's it was a battle, like said i still think Marquez has been harshly treat v Manny.

I think Khan will box clever for at least 9 & just eat up the rnds. He does tend to go to type late on (Maidana) but i dont think Peterson has much to trouble Khan. I'm still fairly unconvinced about Khans power, especially if moving up to WW. Alexander looked really good at the weight last weekend and Khan will definatley need the fights before he entertains likes of PBF at the weight.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Dinamita - 03-05-2012 04:03 PM

I wouldn't entertain a potential matchup with Floyd at all, unless the offer is one that he can't refuse.

He'd be a bloody mess inside six rounds.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 03-05-2012 04:12 PM

Its possible Khan believes his own hype & with sparring against Manny going well hes probably got a false sense of hope. Floyd isn't a massive hitter & Khan has speed to burn but the skill difference is a world apart & the cumulative damage Mayweather would cause Khan would probably see him out in a similar style to Hatton if not much sooner.