Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

RE: Knocking One Out - westy_warrior - 01-24-2014 02:09 PM

not a big fan of boxing tbh

RE: Knocking One Out - Moc - 01-24-2014 02:30 PM

Gonzalo Omar Basile is one scary fuck

RE: Knocking One Out - chesterhino - 01-24-2014 02:40 PM

George Groves has turned down a "seven figure offer" for a rematch with domestic rival and WBA and IBF super-middleweight champion Carl Froch.
Froch won their first encounter with a controversial stoppage in November.
He said: "We made a seven figure offer for a second fight that would have seen him earn around double that of the first. Disappointingly, George rejected this offer."
Froch will now aim to arrange a fight with Mexico's Julio Cesar Chavez Jnr.
The Nottingham fighter beat Groves in Manchester on 23 November with a stoppage in the ninth round, but the decision was met with a negative response from much of the crowd.
Afterwards, Groves insisted the contest had been ended too soon: "The fight should never have been stopped and I don't know why it was stopped.
"I feel the referee got it wrong, and it's a bitter pill to swallow right now."
Froch was booed out of the ring and has since refused to countenance a rematch, which would be one of the biggest British fights in recent years.
In Friday's statement, the 36-year-old said: "I understand the demand for the Groves fight in the UK, but also the demand in the US for the Chavez fight.
"Talks are ongoing and no doubt some further news will break soon. I'm happy to fight anyone, as I have done throughout my entire career."

RE: Knocking One Out - Cheese - 01-24-2014 03:07 PM

doesnt quite tell the story now does it. if the split is 70/30 for example, then it matters fuck all if groves in on 7 figures.

50/50 split, hes worth it.

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 01-24-2014 05:02 PM

He isnt worth 50/50. Froch is the champion and should get more money.

RE: Knocking One Out - camdentiger - 01-24-2014 05:13 PM

If Groves takes on Ward and beats him, then it surely must be set for a rematch and Groves will be able to command the money he wants

RE: Knocking One Out - whotobeA - 01-24-2014 05:37 PM

Exactly. Groves beats ward he can call the shots. So far he's won nowt, he brings no straps & his only real legacy is the decent loss against froch, he can't expect a split down the middle.

If froch takes Chavez next there are still options for groves to improve his legacy, eg the ward fight or even what could be an excellent fight with pascal.

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 01-24-2014 05:44 PM

(01-24-2014 05:37 PM)whotobeA Wrote:  Exactly. Groves beats ward he can call the shots. So far he's won nowt, he brings no straps & his only real legacy is the decent loss against froch, he can't expect a split down the middle.

If froch takes Chavez next there are still options for groves to improve his legacy, eg the ward fight or even what could be an excellent fight with pascal.

+1.

RE: Knocking One Out - Rhinos77 - 01-24-2014 06:07 PM

Rocky would 'ave 'im.

RE: Knocking One Out - chesterhino - 01-24-2014 06:08 PM

@SkySportsBoxing: The IBF have ordered a re-match between @Carl_Froch & @StGeorgeGroves to take place within 90 days

Yesssssss!!!