Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 01-24-2014 06:22 PM

Great news.

Still the money to sort out though.

RE: Knocking One Out - chesterhino - 01-24-2014 06:34 PM

Or he can relinquish....

Groves can hold his ground now, froch will have to come down.

Eddie hearn has said he has now offered a 85/15 split, which is ridiculous. It will go to purse bids

RE: Knocking One Out - Cheese - 01-24-2014 07:30 PM

no wonder groves knocked it back, they are takin the piss.

froch will walk away from the belt.

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 01-24-2014 07:34 PM

I think froch will do what he wants anyway. Groves is a final payday.

I dont think froch is one to run away from a fight but if he loses to groves, his American dreams are over. As it is, he can go to America now, have a fight or two, then come back in a years time and cash in with groves.

RE: Knocking One Out - Cheese - 01-24-2014 07:41 PM

groves earned the right to more than 15% after the first fight, plus is siggests he got less than that for the first one. if i was groves i would hold out, froches options are limited, and time ison groves side.

who is likely opponent for groves if froch gives up the belt?/

RE: Knocking One Out - chesterhino - 01-24-2014 07:41 PM

True but a massive shit out if he relinquishes the belt. Would lose a lot of support.

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 01-24-2014 08:12 PM

I don't know where this statement about froch's lack of options comes from. Froch is wanted by pascal, groves, chavez jr and ward is open for the rematch. The only one where he wont take the bigger slice is vs ward.

Groves has just lost a title fight. He has the rematch as a shit or bust fight. Ward has suggested he could be willing to fight him but again, if groves loses to ward, its a long way back. The other realistic fights to get him back would be ooisthuizan (excuse the spelling) or one of the dangerous dirrels. Alot of the other contenders are tied up including degale. He may have to take a bum to keep him fighting until late in the year. Groves will, with the exception of ooisthuizan, have to take less money than his opponent.

Its all irrelevant as callum smith will spank degale and groves in the next 2-3 years domestically.

Lets not forget degale who should be fighting bika later this year for the wbc belt in a very winnable fight.

Very good times ahead for British boxing in this weight class. Some real humdingers to come in the next 5 years.

RE: Knocking One Out - Cheese - 01-24-2014 08:28 PM

the lack of options for froch as i see it is all about the time. hes near the end already, so he depsperately wants to capitalise financially on what could be 2 more fights, maybe 3. groves has 10 yr in him...and will make more money than froch has. its not always about the amount of money, more about the split. hearn is taking the piss offering 15%...and he certainly knows it.

RE: Knocking One Out - chesterhino - 01-24-2014 08:35 PM

Agreed, 15% is a total piss take.

Callum smith looks good, long way to go yet. Isn't Frankie Gavin in their'division also?.

Just found this....

The IBF agreed, and said in a statement: "The panel determined that the referee gave appropriate warnings to both fighters but did not choose to deduct points.
"The panel felt that in the ninth round, Groves should have been allowed to continue as he did not appear to be seriously hurt - and was counter-punching and attempting to move the action away from the ropes at the time of the stoppage.
"In addition, the referee waved off the fight from behind Groves instead of in front of him and did not look into his eyes. Groves showed no signs of being hurt after the stoppage. In sum, the panel felt it was an improper stoppage."
IBF Championships chairman Lindsey E Tucker said Froch had 90 days to fight again and that if he failed to do so, he would "probably" lose his IBF title.
"Groves thought the fight was stopped early. The panel, three members, listened to all the evidence and they decided a rematch was in order. I guess… they ordered the rematch after his complaint," Tucker told BBC Sport.
Froch won his IBF title with a fifth-round stoppage of Canada's Lucian Bute at the Capital FM Arena in Nottingham in May 2012.
Tucker added: "Both fighters were notified of the decision right away. We've heard responses from both parties but I'd rather not say what they said. They both acknowledge the decision."

(01-24-2014 08:12 PM)drsrhino Wrote:  I don't know where this statement about froch's lack of options comes from. Froch is wanted by pascal, groves, chavez jr and ward is open for the rematch. The only one where he wont take the bigger slice is vs ward.

Groves has just lost a title fight. He has the rematch as a shit or bust fight. Ward has suggested he could be willing to fight him but again, if groves loses to ward, its a long way back. The other realistic fights to get him back would be ooisthuizan (excuse the spelling) or one of the dangerous dirrels. Alot of the other contenders are tied up including degale. He may have to take a bum to keep him fighting until late in the year. Groves will, with the exception of ooisthuizan, have to take less money than his opponent.

Its all irrelevant as callum smith will spank degale and groves in the next 2-3 years domestically.

Lets not forget degale who should be fighting bika later this year for the wbc belt in a very winnable fight.

Very good times ahead for British boxing in this weight class. Some real humdingers to come in the next 5 years.

He's wanted, but would he be wanted if he has no belt???

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 01-24-2014 08:41 PM

Frankie gavin is in kell brooks division. Frankie is already calling out brook and khan. I think he is fighting soon actually.

Bit of a daft question regarding froch only being wanted because of the belts. Of course he is. He would still retain one and obviously would get the rematch with groves anyway at a later date.

(01-24-2014 08:28 PM)Cheese Wrote:  the lack of options for froch as i see it is all about the time. hes near the end already, so he depsperately wants to capitalise financially on what could be 2 more fights, maybe 3. groves has 10 yr in him...and will make more money than froch has. its not always about the amount of money, more about the split. hearn is taking the piss offering 15%...and he certainly knows it.

Exactly cheese. Its the time element. Its extremely plausible that froch could lose to groves, we all know that, even froch. Thats why he wants chavez jr in vegas first.

It'll be interesting to see what froch does to be honest. Personally, I would sidestep groves for 8-9 months, go to the U.S, beat chavez (which he should do) then take on groves early next year when the fight has got even bigger.