Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

RE: Knocking One Out - chesterhino - 02-23-2014 09:49 AM

Woodhouse fight was decent drs, campbell fight wasnt great, his opponent was abit of a dick....

RE: Knocking One Out - whotobeA - 02-23-2014 10:15 AM

Not seen the fight but just looked & woodhouse had a good go in the sport. Very respectable record & to top it off if put £5 k on himself to win the Lonsdale belt at 50s so finished off with a decent payday that he doesn't have to give his agent.

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 02-23-2014 02:10 PM

Just 'spoke' with Curtis and he is adamant he is retiring.

RE: Knocking One Out - chesterhino - 02-25-2014 12:12 PM

Floyd Mayweather to fight Marcos Maidana in May after fans' vote
WBC welterweight world champion Floyd Mayweather will fight WBA champion Marcos Maidana in a title unification bout on 3 May.

Unbeaten American Mayweather, 37, asked fans via Twitter to choose between Amir Khan and Maidana as his next opponent.

He will face 30-year-old Argentine Maidana at a venue to be decided.

"This is a great fight for me and he deserves the opportunity to see if he can do what 45 others have tried to do before him - beat me," Mayweather said.

Continue reading the main story
“He is an extremely skilled fighter who brings knockout danger to the ring”

Floyd Mayweather on Marcos Maidana

A joint statement from Mayweather's team and Golden Boy Promotions said the "overwhelming majority" of the 200,000-plus fans who voted on social media picked Maidana, who has won 35 of his 38 fights, including 31 by knockout.

Briton Khan, who beat Maidana in 2010, criticised Mayweather last week for "wasting my time".

Maidana beat the previously undefeated three-time world champion Adrien Broner in December.

"I am extremely happy to be facing Floyd Mayweather because it will give me the opportunity to show the world that I am the best welterweight in the division," he said.

"I just handed a great defensive fighter his first loss and I plan to do the same to Mayweather," he said.

Mayweather said: "Marcos Maidana's last performance immediately brought him to my attention.

"He is an extremely skilled fighter who brings knockout danger to the ring."

Mayweather, a 10-time world champion in five weight divisions, set the record for the highest-grossing pay-per-view event in television history last September when his defeat of Saul Alvarez brought in more than $150m (£90m).

RE: Knocking One Out - whotobeA - 02-25-2014 12:28 PM

A bit harsh on khan who beat maidana but tbf this fight is deserved IMO. Broner was meant to be the next mayweather/big thing & maidana got through him so this is the next step. For me khan has to beat Alexander to move on.

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 02-25-2014 12:57 PM

(02-23-2014 02:10 PM)drsrhino Wrote:  Just 'spoke' with Curtis and he is adamant he is retiring.

He is starting to waver a little today. We may see Curtis Woodhouse defend his title. I think he wants to continue but his family don't.

IBF/WBA super middleweight champion Carl Froch has revealed on Twitter that Nottingham’s City Ground is the frontrunner to host the blockbuster May 31st rematch between himself and George Groves.

Froch tweeted: “Just got off the phone with @EddieHearn & the waiting is nearly over. City Ground is now the front runner. @Official_NFFC let's do this.”

Groves, however, was quick to respond and dampen the excitement for Nottingham fans.

“Before you all book your trains to Nottingham because the sheriff has tweeted…..I very much doubt King John would send us all there! #Hoax”

With a decision expected this week, Arsenal FC’s Emirates Stadium and Wembley have been also been mooted as possible venues.

RE: Knocking One Out - Cheese - 02-25-2014 01:54 PM

ricky burns this saturday.. wonder how his jaw will be,.

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 02-25-2014 04:48 PM

The crawford guy is decent. Very very tough fight for burns.

RE: Knocking One Out - Cheese - 02-25-2014 05:18 PM

have to agree, especially after a broken jaw!!! would have thought a wee warm up against a bit of a light puncher.. seems its a mandatory though.
burns obviously tough, as he fought what...10 rounds with the broken jaw??

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 02-25-2014 05:21 PM

I don't think crawford is a big puncher. He is very clever, very quick, can switch and is no slouch when it comes to stamina himself. Crawford is the favourite especially with burns' lack of form over the last year or so. I think this needs to be burns' best performance.