Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

RE: Knocking One Out - Cheese - 02-25-2014 05:29 PM

thought he had a high KO %??

burns hasnt had a really strong performance for yrs. no idea why cos he certainly seems to have the ability.

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 02-25-2014 05:59 PM

He has 16 stoppages in 22 wins. Most are accumulative punches rather than 1 punch wonder punches.

RE: Knocking One Out - Cheese - 02-25-2014 06:05 PM

looking down his list...he doesnt have a lot of quality names on there. well rated though.

burns in top form whups him, the problem is the top form has been absent for a while.

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 02-25-2014 06:13 PM

He beat danny garcia as an amateur. He has never boxed in a 12 rounder before though.

His only recognised victim is a certain breidis prescott. He outclassed him but only over 10 rounds.

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 02-26-2014 05:41 PM

Brian Rose is confident of defeating Demetrius Andrade when they meet for the WBO world light-middleweight title.

The 27-year-old earned his first shot at the world crown by beating Argentina's Javier Maciel in October.

A deal for Rose to fight the undefeated Andrade in the USA(external) has been agreed, although a date and specific location have yet to be confirmed.

"There's no way I'm going over there to just make up the numbers. I'm coming back with that title," he said.

Birmingham-born Rose, who moved to Blackpool as a child before relocating recently to Manchester, had a successful amateur career and has a professional record of 25 wins, one draw and one defeat.

"I've done I everything I can and I deserve that title," Rose told BBC North West Tonight.

Andrade, who has won each of 20 of his professional contests, represents the biggest challenge of the Englishman's career to date.

However, Rose's trainer Bobby Rimmer thinks his fighter has a real chance of causing an upset against the 25-year-old from Rhode Island.

"I believe every fighter has a certain point in their career when it's their time," said Rimmer, who also helped to train former two-weight world champion Ricky Hatton.

"I know in my heart of hearts that this is Brian Rose's time."

A former boxing world champion from Venezuela has been killed after being kidnapped earlier this week, Venezuelan officials confirm.

The body of Antonio Cermeno, 44, was discovered on Tuesday with gunshot wounds on a roadside in the state of Miranda, police said.

He had been abducted from the capital, Caracas, on Monday evening.

The murder comes as the nation is gripped by a wave of anti-government protests over its high crime rates.

Venezuela has the fifth highest murder rate in the world, and insecurity and crime are rife in many urban centres.

High-profile killings

Police said Mr Cermeno had been kidnapped with a number of relatives near the La Urbina neighbourhood in the east of the capital.

His family members managed to escape while the abductors were refuelling their car, police spokesman Eliseo Guzman said.

Mr Cermeno, nicknamed El Coloso (The Colossus), won bantamweight and featherweight world titles in the 1990s. He retired from the sport in 2006.

His death is the latest in a series of high-profile killings.

In January, gunmen shot the former Miss Venezuela Monica Spear and her British husband in their car as they were travelling from the city of Merida to Caracas.

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 02-28-2014 09:54 PM

Im hearing thag they are trying to get khan vs broner on the mayweather undercard. Khan has agreed to fight the match and is awaiting broners decision.

RE: Knocking One Out - whotobeA - 02-28-2014 10:02 PM

Could be a very good fight that!

RE: Knocking One Out - Cheese - 02-28-2014 10:02 PM

khan probably loses that but broners veneer of invincibilty was popped bigtime, so khan likely fancies his chances and why not.

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 03-01-2014 01:04 PM

Not sure khan would lose it. Forget maidana, malignaggi made broner look average. Many thought malignaggi won it.

RE: Knocking One Out - Cheese - 03-01-2014 03:26 PM

aye but khan is almost apt to fuck the plan out the window and do something random. hes good box office for me but u just never really know. it would likely make a very good fight.