Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

RE: Knocking One Out - Genghis Von Battenberg - 03-04-2014 01:09 PM

I hate boxing promoters. Hearn the younger's on Sky now. Smarmy cunt.

RE: Knocking One Out - chesterhino - 03-04-2014 02:42 PM

I dont mind hearn think hes decent, prefer him to warren etc

RE: Knocking One Out - chesterhino - 03-05-2014 12:14 PM

taken from the dailymail.....

Kell will be warming up for his IBF title shot against Shawn Porter with a fight in Liverpool on March 15 and I can reveal here that it will be against the Mexican welterweight champion Alvaro Robles, who has 17 wins (15 KOs) and two losses. If Kell wins that, Shawn Porter will have to defend his IBF world title against him this summer. The only fight Kell would sidestep that for is Khan.

RE: Knocking One Out - whotobeA - 03-05-2014 12:18 PM

Some tune up fight that. Kell needs to get past that & really push on. So far he's looked good when fighting but there's been way too much fuckin about.

RE: Knocking One Out - Cheese - 03-05-2014 07:35 PM

khan did the right thing in getting to fuck over the the states, they dont seem to fuck about as much when it comes to sorting regular fights if a fighter is game./

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 03-05-2014 09:00 PM

Brook to fight Alvaro Robles a week on saturday in Liverpool in a warm up prior to fighting shawn porter for the title later. Porter has been ordered to open talks with brook early april. Porters father has told the press that they will not fight brook but look for other options which would pay more.

Never seen the robles kid fight but he apparently has no chin but one helluva punch with multiple 1st round knock outs. Only 2 defeats in 19 fights with 15 KO's from 17 wins.

cracking all-Manchester scrap sees Anthony Crolla and John Murray meet at the Phones 4u Arena on April 19, live on Sky Sports. The former gym pals told today’s press conference that their friendship will be put to one side as they meet in what promises to be a fiery encounter for the city.

This fight will be fucking epic. Wow, just wow.

RE: Knocking One Out - whotobeA - 03-05-2014 09:10 PM

I like Murray, he trains in mick marsdens gym in Rothwell, a few good fighters in that little spit box of a place including stu hall. I think this is too soon for Murray though & crolla will just outclass him.

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 03-05-2014 09:16 PM

I think Crolla is the classier fighter too but I feel it will be a war. Murray will not stop piling forwards.

James DeGale's hopes of landing a shot at world super middleweight champion Sakio Bika in his next fight have been dealt a blow as the WBC have installed Mexican Julio Cesar Chavez Jnr as their number one challenger in a typical show of bias.

The WBC officials chose to ignore the recommendation of the British Boxing Board of Control that DeGale, who stopped Dutch-based Armenian Gevorg Khatchikian in 11 rounds at Bristol's City Academy last weekend, be installed as number one.

Purse bids were set for a final eliminator contest between DeGale and America-based Swede Badou Jack, but Jack was stopped in just over a minute by in New York last week by Dereck ‘The Black Lion’ Edwards. This appeared to have cleared the path for DeGale to challenge Bika directly, but instead, the number one position was given to Chavez Jnr, who has been the WBC’s golden boy for years.

Chavez Jnr hasn’t done anything at super middleweight to warrant the number one spot. In September 2012, he was given a thorough boxing lesson by middleweight boss Sergio Martinez, and tested positive for marijuana in a pre fight urine test.

A year later, he returned against tough but limited American Brian Vera, coming in vastly overweight at 172lbs. He was gifted a ten round decision courtesy of some highly dubious scorecards - Vera threw 723 punches to Chavez’s 320, and his own fans booed the judges’ decision.

Such was the uproar that a rematch with Vera, a career middleweight, took place on the weekend. Chavez Jnr threw enough punches to win this time, and even managed to make weight at 168lbs, picking up the vacant WBC Continental Americas championship (another one of the sanctioning body’s many regional belts).

Head of the WBC Mauricio Sulaiman, who was in London to attend the European Memorial Mass of his late father Jose, tried to explain the governing body’s typically biased behaviour during an interview with Boxing News.

“It’s easy to see a trend that says Mexicans get preferential treatment from us but I can assure you that each case can be justified,”

“Chavez was champion at middleweight. I don’t think anyone can doubt he is a world-class fighter, he is a former champion and he was rated at middleweight. He was ranked number two, he was ordered to face Marco Antonio Rubio but he informed the WBC he would campaign at super-midddleweight instead."

It has been a long and frustrating path to a world title for DeGale. Hopefully, his opportunity will arrive soon, and if it comes against Chavez Jnr, the Harlesden former Olympic gold medallist should be confident of victory in the ring, but faces an uphill struggle against what can only be described as bias towards the popular Mexican.

Former British welterweight champion Lee Purdy is unsure if he will box again after suffering a career-threatening eye injury.

The 26-year-old from Colchester has had three operations on a severed and detached retina, damaged in his defeat by Leonard Bundu in December,

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 03-07-2014 12:52 PM

Khan sidestepping broner.

RE: Knocking One Out - westy_warrior - 03-07-2014 02:12 PM

im not a fan of boxing