Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 03-07-2014 04:11 PM

(03-07-2014 02:12 PM)westy_warrior Wrote:  im not a fan of boxing

Are you turning into chester?

+1..

Khan vs callazo is rumoured.

RE: Knocking One Out - The Man With No Name - 03-07-2014 06:18 PM

Luke Campbell coming along nicely. He is getting rounds under his belt fighting against moving targets. I don't think he has even been hit yet. Hopefully he gets a chance to fight at Wembley.

Anthony Joshua's fight was an utter joke. The bloke he was fighting served me a kebab in old town last week...

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 03-08-2014 12:02 PM

I like luke campbell but I worry about his lack of power. Not in as much as knock out power but as in the power to keep the top guys from walking straight through him.

RE: Knocking One Out - chesterhino - 03-10-2014 12:19 PM

curtis woodhouse has come out of retirement....looks as though he wants to be on the froch undercard at wembley. dont blame him!

RE: Knocking One Out - chesterhino - 03-10-2014 02:14 PM

@BoxingNewsED: #Froch-Groves2 sold out all 60,000 tickets in less than one hour, says promoter @EddieHearn

RE: Knocking One Out - sinkers89 - 03-10-2014 05:56 PM

any one seen Froch pushing Groves at like a photo shoot. Froch gives him a right shove. Groves is royally pissed off

RE: Knocking One Out - whotobeA - 03-10-2014 06:15 PM

Think froch was over confident last time, he's gonna do what he can not to join the pre fight nonsense this time I reckon. Should be a very interesting fight. I'd imagine froch will retire if he loses. Not sure where groves would go off another defeat.

RE: Knocking One Out - sinkers89 - 03-10-2014 06:24 PM

Yeah, Froch was expecting to Walk over Groves, I think this time he's got his number. Froch knows how hard Groves is. Froch just needs to make it a boring fight and hit Groves on the rebound.

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 03-10-2014 06:24 PM

Curtis Woodhouse view on his situation. ....

the thought of retiring british champion was a romantic one but in reality it proved really difficult, my ego dragged me back in, wondering what i could do, ive worked so hard to get here to leave now wouldnt feel right, id like to fight willie limond and put mine and his belts on the line, think it would be a good little scrap, if i could come through that who knows what would come up, and thats why i want to continue, if i stopped now id be always wondering what if? no opponent or date or anything like that to tell you, only told dave coldwell this morning, he wanted me to walk away but said he will try and make the fights that id like in the future so lets see what pops up

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 03-12-2014 10:02 PM

The IBF have ruled that its welterweight champion Shawn Portermay defend his title against Paul Malignaggi on the condition that the winner must make his next defence against mandatory challenger Kell Brook this summer. Both men must confirm in writing that whomever emerges as champion has the obligation to face Brook next.

Porter-Malignaggi must take place by April 19, with the winner required to face Brook 90 days thereafter. If Porter-Malignaggi fails to materialise by April 19, Porter’s next defence must be against the unbeaten Sheffield star. Brook’s promoter Eddie Hearn explained the findings as Brook prepares to face Alvaro Robles in a ten-round clash at the Echo Arena in Liverpool on Saturday, live on Sky Sports.

“The IBF wrote to me last week to confirm that IBF champion Shawn Porter had asked for an exemption to fight Paul Malignaggi on April 19, 12 days outside of the restricted period,” said Hearn. “We asked that if the exemption be granted then it should be accompanied by certain requirements, the most important of those being that both fighters in the proposed April 19 bout must agree in writing to face Kell within 90 days of the bout or by July 19.

“We received confirmation from the IBF today that the exemption would only be granted under a number of conditions including the above. It is great news for Kell after a frustrating period, and he just has to take care of business on Saturday night then I am sure Britain will have another World champion by July 19.”