Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 07-06-2012 11:09 AM

where to start.

attitude

always talked the big talk without ever walking the big walk.

always was some excuse why he wasnt feted like the other boxers

then he wins a fight and hes proclaiming from the rooftops that hes the best ever british boxer.

just cant take to the guy. he always gave me the impression that he firmly believed inside that he was better than anyone else, even after they beat him, or even if he hadnt fought them, no matter who.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - chesterhino - 07-06-2012 11:11 AM

dont all boxers have attitude though?!

isnt that part of why we watch it?

i think he is up there on british boxers, the calibre of fighters he has faced is alot tougher than most.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 07-06-2012 11:14 AM

no, all boxers dont, some do.

ricky burns aint like that,

pacman aint like that.

if froch have won titles, belts, been rated ny the ring, then maybe he could justifiably stutted, but he hasnt .

how many world champions has froch fought??

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - chesterhino - 07-06-2012 11:16 AM

not sure but its more than alot of other british boxers...

there are alot more boxers who have attitude than those who stay quiet like pacman.

mayweather being the main culprit.....ofcourse ali was the king of it...!

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 07-06-2012 11:17 AM

yeah, im not right keen on them either but at least they can point to something and strut.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 07-06-2012 12:21 PM

I know what you mean about froch cheese. He was always calling calzaghe out but he should of gone and earnt it instead of all that nonsense about him not even being the best british fighter. He always looks lazy, especially in his early days but to be fair he has done better than expected in the super 6 thingy and took on bute when many wouldnt. He has climbed somewhat in my estimations over the last couple of years. Losing to kessler and ward aint that bad, they are both world class and have been, will be, for some time.

Never my favourite but he has been very good recently. You just always sense he has a defeat in him if he decides he is not up for it.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 07-06-2012 12:47 PM

I actually quite like Froch & his determination to get the best fights possible. I have no doubt he would have fought calzaghe (& got beat) but in many ways he's fought a better class of opponent than Joe ever did. He needs to get the big fights now as once that punch resistence starts to wain he'll be knackered. He was outclassed by Ward but the Kessler fight could have gone either way.

Pretty arrogant but alot of belief & mental attitude in his words i think.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 07-06-2012 02:17 PM

he talks but dont walk.

sure the last couple of yrs hes been a bit better but if he was half as good as he thinks he is they would be renaming las vegas after him. hasnt fought half as many great fighters...not good....that folk think he has. wont go down as one of the greats for me, despite what he thinks.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 07-07-2012 09:29 AM

Be interesting to see what level Kell Brook is at tonight. This Carson Jones is at the same level & can really bang, if Brook comes through looking good he could move up to big things.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 07-07-2012 09:32 AM

had a lot of losses that carson kid though eh....8 ??

brook needs to win and look good doing it.