Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

Knocking One Out - Mr-P - 05-31-2014 09:47 PM

Reckon groves was up till that point. Still that punch was the deal breaker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Froch still to retire for me.

Can't see another payday. Las Vegas... Ward etc

Knocking One Out - LeedsBarmyArmy - 05-31-2014 10:00 PM

Froch was up on points for me, only lost 2 rounds! Great shot from Froch!

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 05-31-2014 10:00 PM

I had groves 1 round up but I thought froch was winning that round so it would of been even if groves hadn't been caught.

Froch was massive favourite going into the last few rounds given the engine on him.

Tell you what though. You won't find a better, classier punch than that to win a fight.

(05-31-2014 10:00 PM)LeedsBarmyArmy Wrote:  Froch was up on points for me, only lost 2 rounds! Great shot from Froch!

Stop listening to jim watt.

Knocking One Out - Mr-P - 05-31-2014 10:16 PM

Jim watt is pissed up. His score cards don't mean dick!

RE: Knocking One Out - whotobeA - 05-31-2014 11:03 PM

Froch controlled the fight up until the ko. At no point was he in trouble & was picking groves off with the jab. Froch schooled groves in a Convincing win IMO.

Froch deserves the lat Vegas payday loss.

RE: Knocking One Out - Cheese - 05-31-2014 11:32 PM

must have been watching a different fight, i wouldnt have given froch any round at all.

humdinger of a right though. groves left hand was by his side as it was thrown and landed.

RE: Knocking One Out - chesterhino - 05-31-2014 11:46 PM

I had froch ahead by two, great right hander though.

Id retire if i were froch, at the top. Ward is a loss if he goes there.

RE: Knocking One Out - whotobeA - 05-31-2014 11:56 PM

Frochs jab made groves swing for the hills, he got through a couple of times but not much more. It was always frochs fight even on the inside wrestle. Another decent win for froch.

I'd say why not go for it against ward. His legacy is already made & a massive payday loss against the very best at the weight is nothing to be sniffed at.

Groves could still comeback strong as well, think he should try to veer away from de gale though.

RE: Knocking One Out - Cheese - 06-01-2014 12:23 AM

if that fight goes the distance groves wins it easy

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 06-01-2014 07:56 AM

Thought it was very even until the KO.

Great punch.

Groves is well back down the pecking order. Degale much higher. He fights for the ibf title next whether froch has it or not.

Groves is signed with sauerland now so I reckon he has another couple of fights before taking on arthur abraham in germany as he is also with sauerland. Thats if he still has the belt. I reckon groves can beat abraham even in germany.

As for Froch, it depends how hearn sells the degale fight to him. It wouldn't be on the scale of last night but big enough to warrant another ppv pay day for froch before he retires. If froch is true to his word he will vacate the ibf title and head to vegas for a swansong vs chavez junior this winter.

On a side note, Paul Smith is going to fight abraham next for the title. I think he gets beat all night long but we might have to throw him in the mix if he suprises everyone and wins over there.

Then theres his uber talented younger sibling Callum Smith who I reckon in a couple of years will beat groves and degale within 6 rounds without breaking sweat.

The super middleweight division in Britain is fantastic for years to come. Lets hope we get the fights.