Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

RE: Knocking One Out - Cheese - 06-03-2014 11:08 PM

frampton whupped martinez, then martinez got a fight against the title holder and beat him. i guess they thought martinez was an easy beat and he got lucky.

the bext xase scenario is frampton fights martinez, then they both have a belt to put on the line. frampton vs quigg would be delicious.

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 06-04-2014 05:35 PM

Frampton and Martinez confirmed.

http://m.boxingnewsonline.net/latest/feature/exclusive-carl-froch-interview-i-have-sent-horrible-george-groves-back-down-the-hole-he-crawled-out-of

Post fight interview with Carl Froch. The night after the night before....

RE: Knocking One Out - chesterhino - 06-04-2014 06:19 PM

Seen degale has called out froch, said he "would beat him easy"

RE: Knocking One Out - camdentiger - 06-05-2014 03:03 PM

That's a big call - not sure deGale is at Froch's level yet. Having said that, Froch isn't getting any younger so maybe he senses something that after 2 hard fights with Groves he's beginning to lose it?

RE: Knocking One Out - sinkers89 - 06-05-2014 06:10 PM

(06-05-2014 03:03 PM)camdentiger Wrote:  That's a big call - not sure deGale is at Froch's level yet. Having said that, Froch isn't getting any younger so maybe he senses something that after 2 hard fights with Groves he's beginning to lose it?

Think Froch vs Groves II showed that Froch is far from losing it. I think Froch would hands down beat DeGale

RE: Knocking One Out - whotobeA - 06-05-2014 07:01 PM

After groves v froch 1 I think there'll be a few throw there hat into the I can beat froch ring. Froch will blatantly go where the money is now for his last couple of fights. If thats de gale, Kessler 3 or ward 2, we will see.

RE: Knocking One Out - sinkers89 - 06-05-2014 07:24 PM

(06-05-2014 07:01 PM)whotobeA Wrote:  After groves v froch 1 I think there'll be a few throw there hat into the I can beat froch ring. Froch will blatantly go where the money is now for his last couple of fights. If thats de gale, Kessler 3 or ward 2, we will see.

F vs G 1 - master class in Froch not preparing for an opponent.

F vs G 2 - master class in Froch preparing for an opponent and knocking him the fudge out.

Froch learned from the first fight. Possibly one of his biggest lessons in his career. If he puts the training in , puts the effort in..then you will have to throw everything including the kitchen sink and your nan to beat him.

RE: Knocking One Out - whotobeA - 06-05-2014 08:45 PM

+1

Have enjoyed frochs career, always gone for the best possible fights even when it's meant stepping out of comfort zone. Faced fighters that nobody looks good against & beat some excellent world levellers. The first groves fight must've been a knock to his system but he came back stronger. Fought the very best & came up short. Been in some fair old wars so deserves a couple of last decent paydays IMO.

RE: Knocking One Out - Cheese - 06-05-2014 08:50 PM

he was very lazy early in career also in middle part.

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 06-05-2014 08:56 PM

Frustrating is the word I would use for froch's first 15-20 fights. It was obvious he was better than he looked. He was a bit like degale actually. You were always thinking 'go on then, finish it off!'.

To be fair to froch he has a fair resume.