Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

RE: Knocking One Out - Cheese - 06-28-2014 01:02 PM

guess hes not for understanding

Knocking One Out - Mr-P - 06-28-2014 03:05 PM

Plodder

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 06-28-2014 05:04 PM

Burns has been shit for a couple of years now. His luck finally ran out.

RE: Knocking One Out - Cheese - 06-28-2014 05:06 PM

the broken jaw finished him. he was a shadow when he returned

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 06-28-2014 08:10 PM

I concur to an extent but he wasn't really on his game in the 'broken jaw' fight or the one before.

RE: Knocking One Out - The Man With No Name - 06-28-2014 10:44 PM

Aye Burns is done. Shame, I am a big fan of his.

Knocking One Out - Mr-P - 06-29-2014 10:47 AM

Burns was literally punching above his weight. Never gonna attract a decent crowd

Sent from a double standards shit mod's iPad using Tapatalk

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 07-01-2014 01:54 PM

Ricky Burns will not quit boxing despite his latest defeat on Friday, according to his manager Alex Morrison.

The Scot lost a WBC lightweight title eliminator against Dejan Zlaticanin,and Morrison believes the former world champion should now move up in weight.

"I'd like Ricky to move up to light-welterweight, where I have no doubt he could win a third world title," Morrison told BBC Scotland.

"I think he definitely won't call it a day."

Burns lost the WBO title in March when he was comprehensively beaten by American Terence Crawford, having retained the belt last year following acontroversial draw with Raymundo Beltran, during which the Scot suffered a broken jaw.

He was knocked to the canvas within the first 30 seconds of the defeat to Zlaticanin in Glasgow, and his promoter Eddie Hearn said after the fight that Burns' days at world title level are over.

"Against Dejan he won the last few rounds easily, but the knockdown in the first round disrupted his fight plan," added Morrison.

Burns will hold meetings with his manager this week to decide his future, before heading to America on holiday.

RE: Knocking One Out - Cheese - 07-01-2014 02:01 PM

changing weight wont change that jaw.

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 07-03-2014 09:23 PM

Kell Brook vs shawn porter put back to august 16th. Now further away in california.