Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

RE: Knocking One Out - whotobeA - 08-15-2014 03:57 PM

More I see of this porter the more I think brook needs to watch the fook out, the blokes a monster when he gets swinging.

RE: Knocking One Out - Cheese - 08-15-2014 07:29 PM

hasnt fought anyone has he though??

mallignaggi? never saw what the fuss was.

RE: Knocking One Out - whotobeA - 08-15-2014 07:38 PM

I thought the same but watched porters fight with Alexander earlier & every time he connected Alexander looked like he was at Wigan pier doing his best northern soul moves.

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 08-15-2014 07:39 PM

Porter is aggressive but clumsy with it. Should be a close fight with either being capable of knocking the other out. If brook can keep at range he will out box him. If brook gets backed up then it could be painful.

RE: Knocking One Out - Cheese - 08-15-2014 10:54 PM

porter definitely has plenty to worry about with brook. he has all the skill and the heart. porter is no mug mind but brook is a very good fighter.

shouldnt go the distance

RE: Knocking One Out - chesterhino - 08-16-2014 08:10 AM

(08-15-2014 07:29 PM)Cheese Wrote:  hasnt fought anyone has he though??

mallignaggi? never saw what the fuss was.

Alexander?

RE: Knocking One Out - Cheese - 08-16-2014 08:20 AM

hmmm, wee bit higher than eaverage, fair enough but no superstar.,

in a bbc interview, brook seems to be suggesting that porter has something else in his corner?? sweeties or juice maybe??
................................................................................​.......................................
""Ohio native Porter, 26, is unbeaten in 24 pro fights (15 KOs) and surprised many when he demolished tough veteran Paulie Malignaggi in four rounds in April.
Malignaggi had lost four times previously, including to Britons Ricky Hatton and Amir Khan, but never in such comprehensive fashion.
"He hadn't stopped anyone for two years and all of a sudden he's knocking someone out who had gone the distance with some massive punchers. It was weird to see," said Brook.
................................................................................​.............................
the interviewer needed to press him more on what exactly he meant there.

RE: Knocking One Out - chesterhino - 08-16-2014 10:47 AM

Its what malinaggi kept alluding to post fight when interviewed multiple times. Kept repeating that he didn't know where porter had found this sudden power from.

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 08-16-2014 05:48 PM

Porter has definitely found new 'heights' in his last couple of fights. He has a draw against diaz who khan beat so he isn't any mini mike tyson.

Brooks strength is his timing. If he can suss porter out before being headbutted or caught unaware then brook should pick him off. THE big disadvantage is that it is in California. If it was in Sheffield I would say brook is 80% favourite. In california its more 50/50. Pretty sure brook won't get a decision either.

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 08-17-2014 08:24 AM

Kell Brook -world champion.

I thought he won it by a couple of rounds. Fuck knows what Jim Watt was watching. Kell settled after 4 rounds and picked him off. Great performance by brook.