Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 07-08-2012 08:35 PM

No. He obviously needs to get on another run and come back for another dig when brook has a title.

Just seen on sky that kell fights another eliminator before going for the title. Some south american i think.

Hector saldiva of argentina.

Just looked him up.

Fights 43
Won 41
Ko 32
Lost 2 - both by ko

28 year old fighting out of america now.

Sounds decent!

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 07-08-2012 09:55 PM

Brook would do well to move on & avoid Jones if poss, the old adage of styles n fights i dont think Brook would ever look good against him. That said if Brook is now moving to a S american with experience & a decent record then he's not moving up the easy way. Best of British to Brook but i'm not sure he'll make the transition to world level?

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 07-08-2012 10:06 PM

u just to look at the post fight jaw jaw to see that brook had made a massive realisation. what he chooses to do about that is another matter mind but he has the skills etc. its all about the attitude.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 07-09-2012 06:02 AM

(07-08-2012 09:55 PM)whotobeA Wrote:  Brook would do well to move on & avoid Jones if poss, the old adage of styles n fights i dont think Brook would ever look good against him. That said if Brook is now moving to a S american with experience & a decent record then he's not moving up the easy way. Best of British to Brook but i'm not sure he'll make the transition to world level?

What level do you think he is at now? He is already at world level. He is way past the domestic and european levels. Its a case of fine tuning to the point where he is comfortable at being at his best for the full twelve rounds. If he gets it right, he takes some beating.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 07-09-2012 07:08 AM

There are many many also rans at world level and there is a vast difference between that & the talk of major world straps that he talks about. Dont get me wrong he's knocking on the door but its a huge leap from what he showed sat night to following likes of Ricky & Khan type contender level.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 07-09-2012 09:11 AM

top 3 and top 10 can be oceans apart, depending on what weight.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 07-09-2012 09:42 AM

I dont think kell is fighting bums though.

Lovemore ndou had been the distance with sharmba mitchell, cotto, junior witter and twice with malignaggi and drew with matthew hatton.

Made light work of jackiwicz, the current european champion.

Matty hatton who has fought for numerous titles taking alvarez the distance for the wbc belt.

And now carson jones who i think we all agree, should be knocking around near the top of the rankings for the next few years.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 07-09-2012 09:45 AM

oh i agree, but what im saying is hes top 10 now, but thats a mile away from top 3. for me he can make it, but its up to him.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 07-09-2012 10:44 AM

Brook is getting some very good fights in tbh but fighting the man who fought the man doesn't always tell you much. I think he needs to push for a fight with one of the lower top 10 ww's, e.g. Devon Alexander or Paulie Malinaggi before we can really judge if he'll trouble even the top 5 of the division. Saturday was a steep learning curve & i think he'll take alot from that.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 07-09-2012 10:46 AM

malinaggi would be a good call. i wonder how hes so highly ranked to be honest.