Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - chesterhino - 07-09-2012 11:19 AM

Wladimir Klitschko predicts Tyson Fury title fight within a year

Wladimir Klitschko says he expects to face new WBO Inter-Continental champion Tyson Fury "in the next year."
Continue reading the main story

“I doubt [a fight] is going to happen this year, but probably next”

Wladimir Klitschko on Tyson Fury

Fury, 23, overcame American opponent Vinny Maddalone in Somerset on Saturday, while Klitschko retained his WBA, IBF and WBO belts on the same night against Tony Thompson in Berne.

The 36-year-old Klitschko now predicts a heavyweight world championship bout with Fury within the next 12 months.

"I think we could end up fighting very soon. Probably in the next year."

Klitschko extended his winning run to eight years in Switzerland on Saturday. Manchester-based Fury, who is ranked sixth in the world, is seen by many an upcoming rival, and the Ukrainian champion acknowledged his qualities.

"From fight to fight he's just going to get better," Klitschko told Channel 5. "I doubt [a fight] is going to happen this year, but probably next."

For his part, Fury predicted success if and when he faces a Klitschko brother for a world title shot.

"I think I can win," he said. "Wladimir Klitschko hasn't fought anyone like me.

"I bring ambition, youth, power and determination. There's never been anyone like me. I am unique."

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 07-09-2012 11:30 AM

fury is nowhere near fit enough for such a fight

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - chesterhino - 07-09-2012 11:32 AM

i hope he takes it, cant wait to see him smashed!

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - The Man With No Name - 07-09-2012 12:39 PM

(07-06-2012 06:59 AM)LeedsBarmyArmy Wrote:  Carl Froch has confirmed he will fight Lucian Bute in a rematch next March in Montreal but will meet an unnamed opponent in Nottingham before that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/18730568

Didnt think Bute would take the rematch after getting soundly beaten last time!

Bute was beaten so convincingly it might as well have been 2 defeats.

Carl Froch's fight with Jean Pascal a few years ago is a personal favourite. Top fight.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 07-09-2012 12:52 PM

The Froch Pascal fight was a great war, Pascal went on to decent things after that as well. I think Bute will be a different beast 2nd fight tbh & hope Froch is lured into taking it lightly.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 07-09-2012 12:53 PM

Devon alexander fights in the other eliminator so could face brook if they both win.

Fury is not ready for the klitschkos. He changed his style a couple of fights ago and looks better for it, might give it a go in a couple of years if he keeps improving.

Haye will clean out chisora inside 5 rounds come saturday night.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 07-09-2012 01:07 PM

If Brook gets through this S American & then Alexander he will certainly have moved into big time contention & a shot at one of the big 3. He keeps talking Khan but he wouldn't need him then.

Not sure what i think about the Haye Chisora fight tbh, it just doesn't feel right, i will still watch it but it has a bit of a freakshow feel to it & i could see summat silly happening at some point.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 07-09-2012 01:31 PM

Yeah, know what you mean but haye is the cleaner puncher and the better fighter. Chisora has a punchers chance obviously but i feel haye is just too sharp for him.

I.hope i am wrong actually. Haye was an embarassment against klitschko. At least chisora made the effort once in there with one of em.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - LeedsBarmyArmy - 07-11-2012 12:01 PM

I cant believe you have to pay for the Haye fight! Prob wont watch it now!

Will record the Khan fight and watch it Sunday morning!

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 07-11-2012 12:16 PM

(07-11-2012 12:01 PM)LeedsBarmyArmy Wrote:  I cant believe you have to pay for the Haye fight! Prob wont watch it now!

Will record the Khan fight and watch it Sunday morning!

Aye, thats my plan an all!