Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

RE: Knocking One Out - chesterhino - 01-27-2015 12:37 PM

@MatchroomBoxing: Gavin: Kell Brook is my target - I'm number 5 in the IBF and with Birmingham behind me I'm looking at that fight by the end of the year.

Frankie gavin calling out brook....lol

RE: Knocking One Out - Sycophant - 01-27-2015 01:40 PM

Fight week for me. Sold over 40 tickets. Not long left now!

RE: Knocking One Out - chesterhino - 01-28-2015 09:49 AM

A judge has ordered IBF middleweight champion Jermain Taylor to have a mental assessment after being arrested for two gun-related incidents.
Taylor was arrested last week after Arkansas police said he opened fire and threatened to shoot a family during a Martin Luther King Jr Day parade.
The 36-year-old was on bail after pleading not guilty to charges relating to an August shooting of his cousin.
Taylor's defence attorney said the boxer's actions were out of character.
The American, who once fought British four-time world champion Carl Froch, was in court on Tuesday.
Prosecutors asked for Taylor's bail to be revoked, however he was sent for an immediate physical and mental evaluation at hospital.
He faces charges of first-degree battery and first-degree terroristic threatening over the first shooting, which happened at the boxer's home.
He was later further charged with aggravated assault and endangering the welfare of a minor for the parade incident in Little Rock, Arkansas.
Taylor had posted a video on social media, when he attempted to explain his actions at the 19 January parade from his bath tub while under a 24-hour deadline to hand himself into police.
Shannon Millar - KARK and Fox 16 reporter
"There has been no official word on why he has been acting this way. There has been a lot of speculation considering the injuries he has sustained with his career. Boxing is not one of the easiest sports to bounce back from when you are talking about that sort of head injury and head trauma."
Taylor is due back in court on 10 February, and results from the mental evaluation will be presented to the court on 27 April.
The Arkansas native was scheduled to defend his IBF title against Sergio Mora on 6 February but has pulled out of the fight.

RE: Knocking One Out - chesterhino - 01-28-2015 12:27 PM

Big-time boxing will make a welcome return to terrestrial television when ITV broadcast Carl Frampton’s defence of his world title in Belfast on February 28.
The hard old game has been striving for a way to reclaim its huge free-to-air box office appeal for five years.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2928281/Carl-Frampton-s-world-title-clash-Chris-Avelos-shown-ITV-boxing-returns-terrestrial-television.html#ixzz3Q7PQtHil
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

RE: Knocking One Out - whotobeA - 01-28-2015 05:34 PM

Pbf & manny exchanging phone numbers? Seems there's more chance of them scuttling each other than fighting! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/31016003

RE: Knocking One Out - Cheese - 01-28-2015 07:00 PM

framptons quality, gonna be some tasty fights on sky over the next few yrs with him being champ and quigg too.

RE: Knocking One Out - Sycophant - 01-28-2015 10:07 PM

The best fight I've seen on terrestrial TV was Froch v Pascal.

The irony was I paid for De La Hoya v Pac man the same night and was left bitterly disappointed....

RE: Knocking One Out - whotobeA - 01-28-2015 10:09 PM

That was an awsome fight tbf. Pascal was a size up from froch really & a decent fighter. Real brawl. Was gutted to see de la Hoya get schooled so badly after the career he had.

RE: Knocking One Out - Sycophant - 01-28-2015 10:12 PM

Pascal showed an absolute granite chin. Froch gave him everything and he took it. Well over 5 years ago that.

RE: Knocking One Out - Cheese - 01-30-2015 07:21 AM

May 2nd for gladys versus the pacman??

las vegas. someone let the cat out the bag apparently.