Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 07-13-2012 01:11 PM

Quick glimpse of Garcia's previous fights last night & i think if he catches Khan it could be very interesting, really hope Khan wins after watching the press conference.

Haye has weighed in at just 15st for tomz, nearly 3st lighter than Chisora so that could be interesting?

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - The Man With No Name - 07-13-2012 03:05 PM

The idiots sluging it out at Upton Park are casting a bit of a shadow over a world title fight in Vegas. Purely as a boxing fan, this winds me up. I just want to see them two batter each other and leave the actual boxing to Khan and Garcia.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 07-13-2012 04:07 PM

Agree HKR. The whole thing has a bad feeling about it & isn't really what the sport is about tbh. Then again is has a Lenny McLean v Roy Shaw type following of people who will just be interesting in seeing a vicious tear up. Got to say i'll look over it given chance but the Khan fight should be more about boxing.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 07-13-2012 05:45 PM

Sorry but you are talking about guys who have fought for and haye has won world titles. Its nowhere near mclean vs shaw. Cmon guys, they are both exceptional boxers. Its gonna be heated but they are professionals on the upper echolon of the game.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - The Man With No Name - 07-13-2012 05:54 PM

(07-13-2012 05:45 PM)drsrhino Wrote:  Sorry but you are talking about guys who have fought for and haye has won world titles. Its nowhere near mclean vs shaw. Cmon guys, they are both exceptional boxers. Its gonna be heated but they are professionals on the upper echolon of the game.

If you fight at heavy, you will get a title shot. The division is that poor. Haye is a circus freak and Chisora can't box to save his life... in fact, he is lifeless in the right.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - chesterhino - 07-13-2012 06:27 PM

Chisora, exceptional?! Feck off!!

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 07-14-2012 08:35 AM

he is better than a heck of a lot of heavyweights so that makes him exceptional in my book!

As for haye. How is he a circus freak? He pretty much cleaned out the cruiser weight division before moving up to heavy weight and winning a world title before losing to a klitschko. Not many have beaten a klitschko so as bad as that performance was, haye is definitely a world class fighter. Chisora, not as good but still top 10 which is still pretty damn good!

Haye was a great cruiserweight. One of the best.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - chesterhino - 07-14-2012 09:51 AM

Hes better than some yeah, but thats not saying much is it?!
The heaveyweight division is shite.

Haye was great at cruiserweight , but he keeps fighting poor fighters and he wonders why peoples attitude on him is changing.
He shouldnt have fought harrison and he shouldnt be fighting chisora.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - captain tripps - 07-14-2012 09:58 AM

boxings just shit nowadays,last time i was still interested in all divisions was probs when nigel benn,steve robinson ,steve collins .
though i would watch pacman v mayweather

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 07-14-2012 10:11 AM

(07-14-2012 09:51 AM)chesterhino Wrote:  Hes better than some yeah, but thats not saying much is it?!
The heaveyweight division is shite.

Haye was great at cruiserweight , but he keeps fighting poor fighters and he wonders why peoples attitude on him is changing.
He shouldnt have fought harrison and he shouldnt be fighting chisora.

Yes the heavyweight division is shit but thats not chisoras fault. He is still one of the best of a bad bunch. Same as haye, he is fighting bums because thats all there is. The harrison fight was a joke but the chisora fight is a legitimate top end of the division fight. The grudge element just adds more to it.

Still wont pay for it.