Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 05-23-2015 01:14 PM

I am genuinely interested in this fight if it happens. Golovkin is the better fighter but he isnt the biggest middleweight and Froch is a big strong super middle who contemplated moving up to light heavy not long ago. That kind of balances things out a bit.

It would be a war as both like to come forward swinging and are easy to hit. I wouldn't rule froch out but i think golovkin would just about have enough to win. Its one of those fights not to bet on as anything could happen.

Talking of betting, the 2/1 offer on Dirrell to win on points looks decent.

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 05-23-2015 09:03 PM

39-36 degale after 4.

76-74 degale after 8

Thought Degale won by 1. He has to learn not to coast through fights. If degale threw 5 punches a round more then he wins easily.

RE: Knocking One Out - Cheese - 05-24-2015 03:31 PM

looks like he more or less won easy anyway.

RE: Knocking One Out - chesterhino - 05-26-2015 09:08 AM

anyone buying the fight this weekend?

im tempted as i want to see if someone can give joshua a fight

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 05-26-2015 11:30 AM

(05-26-2015 09:08 AM)chesterhino Wrote:  anyone buying the fight this weekend?

im tempted as i want to see if someone can give joshua a fight

Don't buy it then.

Lee Selby is in with a chance of winning. That looks a good fight.

Kevin Mitchell is up against it vs linares who is really skillful. I'd expect him to lose heavily on the scorecards if not by KO.

The rest are even more one sided.

RE: Knocking One Out - chesterhino - 05-26-2015 11:31 AM

you reckon another easy ko then for joshua even though he went for 12 with fury/chisora?

RE: Knocking One Out - Bullmania - 05-26-2015 07:10 PM

(05-26-2015 11:31 AM)chesterhino Wrote:  you reckon another easy ko then for joshua even though he went for 12 with fury/chisora?

Chisora is hardly a big hitter. But add in the mix he went 12 rounds with vitali klitschko.

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 05-26-2015 09:37 PM

He went (and lost all but 1 of them) 12 rounds with vitali 6 years ago.

He lost pretty much every round vs chisora and fury.

Heck he lost comfortably vs christian hammer and manuel charr who are not really top class.

He has won 1 fight in 3 years. He is a nothing more than a punch bag nowadays.

He might take joshua a good distance, maybe 10 rounds but its not a competitive bout. Saying all that, it would be interesting to see joshua go a few rounds.

The statement was that it would be interesting to see someone give joshua a fight. This opponent isnt going to fight back that much.

The Lee Selby fight looks competitive. The brook fight is hopelessly one sided. Mitchell is up against it vs linares which could be interesting if Mitchell is on top form. John ryder vs nick blackwell looks the fight of the night.

RE: Knocking One Out - chesterhino - 05-27-2015 08:47 AM

i meant as in go more than a few rounds....but you knew that.

RE: Knocking One Out - westy_warrior - 05-27-2015 10:10 AM

to answer your question chester, i wont be getting the fight, as i'm not thatinterested in boxing tbh.