Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

RE: Knocking One Out - Cheese - 05-29-2015 10:29 PM

its not always about the money

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 05-30-2015 05:29 AM

Maybe not for the boxer. Unfortunately the boxer isn't usually in charge. There are alot of bills to pay.

Khan looks shit but still wins a close fight on points vs algieri.

RE: Knocking One Out - captain tripps - 05-30-2015 08:27 AM

I was reading about a guy called battling siki after catching a brief bit about him on the BBC sport pages.
After he won the world light heavyweight belt in the 1920s he was renowned for wild partying.but the best was as he lived in Paris he used to walk down the champs Elysees in a top hat, tuxedo,riding boots ,wild west colts in holsters on his hips and his pet lion on a lead.
I was thinking if this was who Chris eubanks styled himself on ?
Siki came to a premature end though,he lost his title and all his money.so he went to new York to try and revive his career a(which he didnt)and eventually was found shot dead in an alleyway.

RE: Knocking One Out - whotobeA - 05-30-2015 09:29 AM

I still find it amazing how much decent level fighters can earn but yet not earn. Looking at fighters like Ali, Tyson et al who made 100s of millions yet ended up broke due to promoters & the people they have around them. I would have thought it could have been changed by now, fighters unions should be much stronger IMO...Steps down from high horse.

RE: Knocking One Out - captain tripps - 05-30-2015 09:35 AM

(05-30-2015 09:29 AM)whotobeA Wrote:  I still find it amazing how much decent level fighters can earn but yet not earn. Looking at fighters like Ali, Tyson et al who made 100s of millions yet ended up broke due to promoters & the people they have around them. I would have thought it could have been changed by now, fighters unions should be much stronger IMO...Steps down from high horse.

Unfortunately the majority of boxers don't have an idea what's going on around them.
I think mayweathers an asshole but he's a clever asshole who treats boxing as a business.
He knows where his money is and how to invest it.

RE: Knocking One Out - whotobeA - 05-30-2015 09:33 PM

Very good selby

Linares too big & strong for Mitchell in the end

Joshua awesome! Could've finished it in the 1st, waited til the 2nd against a fighter that's never been stopped.

RE: Knocking One Out - chesterhino - 05-30-2015 09:40 PM

That was insane by joshua, beast!

Unlucky from mitchell, was up on two cards, right decision though, that swelling was ridiculous!

RE: Knocking One Out - whotobeA - 05-30-2015 09:57 PM

Hard to know what next for Joshua? Hearing lots of hyperbole about him being ready but I'd still give him at least a year before the big fights. That said he looks a class above the rest.

Like heavy sparring for brook that. Joshua talking point of the night IMO.

RE: Knocking One Out - Bullmania - 05-31-2015 12:33 AM

Think should fight likes off chisora durable fight took haye 5 rounds. David price will knock him out but should get some jabs and big shots back check Joshua's chin. Then the so called top 10 chart start getting them fights still going slow with him then.

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 05-31-2015 07:23 AM

Joshua was impressive but its nothing we haven't seen before from him. Problem is that how are they going to get opponents for him? The likes of david price and dillian whyte have ambitions at this level and are building. It won't happen. I reckon lucas browne for the commonwealth, chisora for British or even the tony thomson who knocked price out. Names like malik scott, manuel charr, christian hammer and steve cunningham can now be considered. These guys are just short of world title level. I will throw a name out there which could get people to attend, how about antonio tarver. He is 46 now but is ranked top 10 and would be a good name on his CV. The guy can punch too.

Really felt for Mitchell. I didn't think he could come anywhere near linares. I was really urging him on after the knock down but a clash of heads caused the cut which ultimately finished him off. He was ahead on the scorecards too. Must be gutted.

Brook vs Gavin. Enough said. Shit matchmaking. Embarrassing for Hearn.

Selby just picked his man apart. Probably would have stopped him later. He has improved massively. Wait until his brother turns pro! Lomachenko is in his division and i think frampton will end up here too in the next 12-18 months. Good times.

Nick Blackwell deserved his win. John Ryder just looks like he will always fall short at that level. Its a shame Eubank jr fought a load of unknown eastern Europeans instead of the British lads. Some really good fights around middleweight with BJS and Andy lee also kicking about.

Suprised nobody has mentioned the ryan vs hibbert fight. It was on first and was shown before encryption. It was fight of the night for me.