Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

RE: Knocking One Out - sinkers89 - 03-06-2016 09:45 AM

(03-06-2016 09:02 AM)whotobeA Wrote:  Glad he did, can't stand mcgregor. I think he'd beat Aldo again but never Diaz. Holm that beat rousey wasn't champ for long.

The thing with UFC is , at its heart , it's just a street fight where anything can happen. No point get cocky like the rousey bird or McGregor cus you will at some point get beat

RE: Knocking One Out - chesterhino - 03-06-2016 11:51 AM

To be fair , the cockiness and arrogance from McGregor has earnt him millions in just 18months, he's laughing all the way to the bank

Plus it was win win for McGregor, win and he's gone up two weight divisions against the odds, lose and he's still the featherweight champ and will still earn millions no matter who he fights next because everyone wants to see him fight

RE: Knocking One Out - Cheese - 03-06-2016 04:14 PM

now he knows that he can be whupped... its a big alteration.

RE: Knocking One Out - drsrhino - 03-06-2016 04:52 PM

He's been whipped before.

Congrats to Lucas browne. He's probably dead now though.

Brad Skeet wiped the floor with eggington. Always nice to see fast Eddie with the smile wiped off his face.

RE: Knocking One Out - chesterhino - 03-06-2016 06:32 PM

(03-06-2016 04:14 PM)Cheese Wrote:  now he knows that he can be whupped... its a big alteration.

I don't think he will be whupped at a lower weight

RE: Knocking One Out - whotobeA - 03-06-2016 06:36 PM

Agree. A decent big fighter should always beat a decent smaller fighter. Diaz is moving up to middle to have a go at lawler next, I don't think it'll end well for Diaz. McGregor goes to his comfortable weight will clear up for yrs & get top dollar for the privilege.

RE: Knocking One Out - captain tripps - 03-06-2016 06:40 PM

Cannot get into UFC.
Just reminds me of the fights on the carpark at the local I used to go to in the mid 80s to mid 90s.
But I suppose UFC doesn't have glasses or pool cues.

RE: Knocking One Out - whotobeA - 03-06-2016 06:42 PM

I keep an eye on the biggest fights but that's about as far as I can go with ufc. Not a patch on the Queensbury.

RE: Knocking One Out - captain tripps - 03-06-2016 06:44 PM

That's my sentiments whoto.
UFC is more akin to brawling in a bar IMO.

RE: Knocking One Out - chesterhino - 03-06-2016 07:02 PM

I'm getting more into ufc , I dare say it more than boxing.

I'm getting sick of the politics and corrupt judges in boxing.

Ufc doesn't seem to have any of that and there's never any home town decisions of the fight goes to the end