Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 09-16-2012 05:55 PM

(09-16-2012 02:09 PM)Cheese Wrote:  at his weight or generally??

In general. Not many gone and been succesful in america.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 09-16-2012 09:52 PM

lennox lewis obviously.

lloyd honeyghan

joe calzage

nigel benn

chris eubank

jim watt

ken buchanan

all better than hatton in my opinion .

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 09-17-2012 10:07 AM

Its a good list but obviously i disagree with some of them but they are before my time.

Either way hatton is up there with the top few to have boxed out of this country. He wants closure which is fair enough. Definitely no chump as chester said.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 09-17-2012 12:03 PM

no, i agree hes no chump, bur hes far from the best to come out of gb.

there r a few further back before my time too who certainly seem to have been clearly better than hatton.

if he has a fight against some journeyman as a warm-up, will his rep be improved??

hattons was a decent fighter who got the crowd on his side with his heart rather than his talent, nowt wrong with that but to say he wants to prove to his fans that the heavy defeats against mayweather and pacman were abberations is nonsense. those fight proved his level, thats all. nothing bad about that just he should accept it with grace , rather than try to overwrite them later with lower level victories.
the only way to over write those defeats is to beat those guys next time and those fights aint gonna happen.

jim watt and especially buchanan fought abroad a lot.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 09-17-2012 09:23 PM

I dont think he sees it as a revenge mission. He simply doesnt want to end his career on his back in the 2nd round completely sparkoed. He wants to repay his fans for their loyalty by hopefully getting a couple of biggish fights in manchester before putting his slippers on again.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 09-17-2012 10:26 PM

and if he gets spanked by some no mark , hows that gonna look??

its no disgrace u know losing to 2 of the best boxers to grace a ring.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 09-17-2012 11:22 PM

Not saying it is. Just pointing out what he has said re his comeback.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 09-17-2012 11:43 PM

yeah, i saw the interview, doesnt make sense to me, but its his call. hop it doesnt all go pete tong,. cos then he is in a worse place.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 09-18-2012 10:59 AM

He will never get back to what he was there is no doubt. I personally dont like comebacks when boxers dont need to as most of the time they are dissapointing. He obviously misses the buzz of having his name called by thousands in pact arenas & sees that in the current crop of WW's there is some easy'ish money to be made. I personally think both Calzaghe & even Lennox could come back & get to a good level again but they seem happy with their lot.

I can see both sides as he doesn't want to go out on the farce that was the Manny fight with us all watching & wondering if he was dead for a few minuits, but at the same time there is a risk that he is gonna do his legacy some real damage like many have before him.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 09-18-2012 11:50 AM

He wont see the bad risks to it. He probably sees himself knocking khan out and then retiring on a high. Id love to see that by the way.