Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 10-15-2012 08:50 AM

Fury is a shocking fighter, i think he's only still in there cos of his size & his choice of opposition so far. Price, Haye & many many euro fighters would finish Fury early imo. That said Price v Fury would sell & give Price more experience of fighting a big fighter (again). I reckon Price will fight one of the robot brothers next year if they havn't retired.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - chesterhino - 10-15-2012 09:22 AM

During the degale fight, fury called out price and said he would fight.

Fury shat his psnts snd went for the Irish title instead didn't he?!

Pikey. Hope price wipes the floor with him, seems to have a great punch on him.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 10-15-2012 09:33 AM

Price would beat Fury in an easy nights work. I'm thinking if Price keeps improving then he may be ready for a shot. Though if Price does start looking really good then the brothers will likely make it very difficult for him to get that shot, if they do it will be in their backyard etc. As good as they are they have been very shrewd in recent yrs with their choices. Valuev was poor but they veered round him cos of his size, i think Price may give them a good challenge as they work off the long jab against shorter fighters, Price has the size against that but probably needs a bit more experience.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - The Man With No Name - 10-15-2012 12:48 PM

Audley Harrison needs to stop getting in the ring. Why he keeps putting himself through it is beyong me. He has turned into one of those nothing fighters up and coming cotton wool boxers get in the ring with in their first 5 fights. He doesn't throw punches and his defence is chocolate fireguard-esque. Audley, retire man.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 10-15-2012 12:55 PM

easy money innit.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 10-15-2012 01:29 PM

The thing is with Harrison is he has a monster punch when he lets it go. He is just a bit timid for some reason? Couple that with no real skill or defence & you get the laughing stock of satdi & plenty of times before. I think winning prizefighter gave him false hope but that should be it for him now.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - chesterhino - 10-15-2012 04:08 PM

Tyson Fury could be punished by the British Boxing Board of Control after making a succession of inflammatory comments about David Price.
Two days after using a TV interview and his Twitter account to belittle his heavyweight rival, Fury this afternoon tweeted a new expletive-filled insult directed at the British and Commonwealth champion.
The 24-year-old, who claims to be a born-again Christian, was responding to Price's first-round demolition of Audley Harrison at the Liverpool Echo Arena on Saturday night.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - The Man With No Name - 10-15-2012 04:16 PM

David Price will knock out Tyson Fury. Hennessey has built Fury up to be something he isn't and it will come back to bite him on the 'arris.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 10-15-2012 06:52 PM

Fury is the most improved fighter in my opinion in 2012. He isnt as bad as you lot think.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - The Man With No Name - 10-16-2012 10:35 AM

I wouldn't say he is bad, I just think David Price is better and has the potential to do a lot more than Fury.