Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 12-16-2011 10:55 AM

I think he's taken some big shots but has been badly rocked since, he did very well to hang on against Maidana when he was shaken to his boots but i think thats the difference from when he fought Prescott in that he's leaned how to run & hold when in trouble.

There has been a bit of bother in the Freddy roach camp between Manny & Khan & even though they are mates Khan has gone from saying it will never happen to saying hes up for the fight. Khans speed of hand is unparalleled from his olyimpic days but Floyds defence & ring savvy are on a level beyond any other fighter atm.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 12-16-2011 11:00 AM

the maidana fight showed everyone he could take , not just one but plenty big digs. he was right in trouble a few times in that fight but his ability and courage brought him thru.

thing about mayweather is he doesnt get caught flush too often, if at all. mosley did once, maybe twice. his speed is astounding.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Ron - 12-16-2011 11:05 AM

Quality boxers don't continuosly get rocked in fights... his a decent boxer but the way he talks as if his good enough as Mayweather etc is laughable.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 12-16-2011 11:12 AM

i have never seen him say that.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Ron - 12-16-2011 11:17 AM

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/09/26/sport/boxing-khan-mayweather-pacquaio/index.html

"Me and Manny both want to fight him, but that will never happen because at the moment he doesn't want to fight either of us. But it will come to a stage when the pressure will be so much on Floyd Mayweather that he'll have to take the fight."

"I want to be known as a legend in the sport and I want to win everything. I want to be a pound-for-pound champion of the world, and every morning when I wake up that's what drives me to the gym to train hard," he said.

When I'm tired in the gym, that's what pushes me, because I want to be the best there is. And, I'm nearly there. I'm only 24, I'm the unified champion, I'm a two-time world champion, and I've done it so young. But I want to achieve more."

Its quite well known that Kahn has been trying to pressure Mayweather to face him... basically calling him a ducker.

Kahn believes his hype to much.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 12-16-2011 11:31 AM

where in that does it say he thinks hes as good as mayweather??

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Ron - 12-16-2011 11:35 AM

He thinks his good enough to face Mayweather, he speaks as though Mayweather is ducking him... even though Kahn hasn't done anything that warrants getting a chance to face arguably p4p best boxer in the world.

He also speaks as if his very close to becoming p4p, which again, is laughable.

http://www.boxingscene.com/khan-i-just-want-beat-mayweather-not-money--47091

Says in here he thinks he would beat Mayweather.....

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 12-16-2011 11:44 AM

I think lots of it is hype & Khan knows he'd stand to gain millions from a vegas fight with Mayweather as Hatton & many others have before. I think Khan maybe believes what Freddie Roach is telling him & add the fact that Khan is doing well against Manny in sparring will probably give Khan belief in taking on Floyd.

My opinion (for what its worth) is that Mayweather is the greatest fighter of this generation & nobody around 147 would get near inlcuding Manny. I also think Khan needs at least 2 fights at WW before taking on the best in the division.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 12-16-2011 11:45 AM

feeling ur good enough to face mayweather....and he probably is and feeling ur better than him are too different things. any boxer in the top 10 in the world probably thinks they deserve their chance against the number 1 guy....nowt wrong with that.

hes isnt saying anything i wouldnt expect a boxer in his position to say. hes talking up his chances.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Ron - 12-16-2011 11:47 AM

Arrogance is fine... but when you're saying these lines about Mayweather few days before a fight with another boxer, and then you get beat... you deserve to get slated in my opinion.