Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - The Man With No Name - 10-22-2012 03:32 PM

I think I'm going to my very first fight soon. Local lad Tommy Coyle is fighting at Hull City Hall and I'd imagine we'll pack it out. Can't wait.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 10-23-2012 01:09 PM

If Brook fights & beats alexander then will i feel he is world class. So far he looks very good indeed but the Carson fight left me wondering tbh. He was in great shape on saturday but when he comes up against a world class fighter (which Alexander is) he may find it difficult to land as cleanly & they may take his best shots much better. The good thing about the Carson fight was he proved he could come through the trenches but my mind still isn't made up. There is a lot of good fights available at WW & LWW at the moment.

It will be a good do HKR. Usually gets pretty rowdy at them things but you will see just how much power & venom go into the shots (even jabs) which seems to mostly get lost on tv.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 10-24-2012 08:36 PM

(10-22-2012 03:32 PM)HKR AWAY DAYS Wrote:  I think I'm going to my very first fight soon. Local lad Tommy Coyle is fighting at Hull City Hall and I'd imagine we'll pack it out. Can't wait.

Its a fantastic night out hkr. I used to go to alot of fights, mainly domestic level, british and european stuff. Saw some terrific fighters. We used to go and watch a fighter called james hare who used to be naseem hameds main sparring partner. We knew his matchmaker and we spent a bit of time with harey post fights.

The speed and impact these lads throw their punches is a real skill. The small sports hall venues were my favourite, the atmosphere is electric. Tried the bigger fights but thee is a lack of 'intimacy' about places like the men arena.

Think the best live fight i saw was michael brodie vs injin chi. It ended a draw but what a fight. Harey won in 3 rounds on the undercard but there were 5 knockdowns in that one too. Its good to spot up and comers.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - chesterhino - 10-25-2012 09:12 AM

hopefully will be going to brooks next fight IF its in the uk.....!

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - chesterhino - 10-25-2012 10:21 AM

Audley Harrison has announced his intention to carry on boxing. The 40-year-old, who won Olympic gold in Sydney in 2000, lasted just 82 seconds against British and Commonwealth heavyweight champion David Price in Liverpool on October 13.

But he has opted to fight on, saying on Twitter: "It's official... I've decided to carry on. One more shot at glory. It could be over; next fight will tell me. See you in a ring real soon

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - camdentiger - 10-25-2012 10:38 AM

Someone needs to tell Harrison to pack it in! He runs the risk of being properly hurt if he continues and then he will be palying the blame game saying that someone should've been looking out for him

Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Mr-P - 10-25-2012 12:23 PM

(10-25-2012 10:38 AM)camdentiger Wrote:  Someone needs to tell Harrison to pack it in! He runs the risk of being properly hurt if he continues and then he will be palying the blame game saying that someone should've been looking out for him

Every man and his dog has told him to quit; but it seems to be falling on deaf ears. He's a dreadful boxer; only interested in a large payday, hopefully not many of them left for him now.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 10-25-2012 01:17 PM

I dont know how he even gets the backing to put shows on anymore? He isn't even competitive now & something should be done to stop this sort of thing happening. The best thing he could do (apart from retire) is get one last shot against somebody like Holyfield who is also trying to cash in. Not even sure if i cba watching anymore audley fights tbh.

Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Mr-P - 10-25-2012 01:20 PM

Harrison wouldn't fight Holyfield. He doesn't deserve to sit ringside with Holyfield. If it happened, which it won't; Holyfield would stop him inside 3 rounds easy.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - chesterhino - 10-25-2012 01:47 PM

people would be stupid to buy a ticket for harrison, he wont be on box office either....

most probably be the undercard to the next price or fury fight!