Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - chesterhino - 10-25-2012 03:59 PM

Eddie Hearn says he will do ‘all he can’ to make Kell Brook’s IBF World welterweight title fight take place in the UK.

Brook is now the mandatory challenger to Devon Alexander, who took the belt from Randall Bailey in New York on Saturday just hours after The Special One blasted his way past Hector Saldivia with a third-round stoppage.

Hearn has already entered negotiations with Alexander’s camp but is prepared to go to purse bids if a deal cannot be reached.

Alexander has already stoked the fires ahead of the potential bout, saying: “I’m not even worried about Kell Brook because I barely know him and who is he anyway?” While his trainer Kevin Cunningham has insisted the fight will ‘have to happen in the States’.

However, Brook’s promoter Hearn has other ideas.

"We will be doing all we can to try and make this fight in the UK,” he said. “I read Kevin Cunningham's comments and with all due respect, it's not up to him or Devon where the fight is.

“We have now entered an official negotiation period with his team and if we can't find a middle ground then we will go to purse bids. If I win the purse bids then Alexander has no choice but to come and fight in England or vacate the title.

“I know we can easily fill the 12,000 Sheffield Arena and we also have significant domestic and international TV backing. If we are in a purse bid situation I am confident we can be very competitive.”

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 10-25-2012 04:40 PM

alexander will find out in a painful just exactly who brook is.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - chesterhino - 10-25-2012 05:05 PM

You reckon brook will beat Alexander cheese?

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 10-25-2012 05:10 PM

on last weekends showing yes.

if this is the new brook, then he could unify the division.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Derbysi - 10-25-2012 07:45 PM

(10-25-2012 01:47 PM)chesterhino Wrote:  people would be stupid to buy a ticket for harrison, he wont be on box office either....

most probably be the undercard to the next price or fury fight!

Harrison should have his licence revoked. There's no way he can be deemed safe to fight.

To be honest, it should have been revoked after the Haye non-fight.

Quit now, enjoy the money you've earned and try to find something else to do.

Don't think anyone would take him seriously enough for him to work in media.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - chesterhino - 10-25-2012 07:52 PM

I agree derby. He's taken some big shots his last few fights , he gets the same punches again he might not be able to walk again.

I'd love to see a stat on how many punches he's thrown in these last few fights also. Must be lower than 5.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 10-25-2012 08:07 PM

The trouble is they cant revoke his license if he shows he is in good health. Also it is a shocking division he is in & if he dropped down a couple of levels he could still do a job. In rugby terms he's a semi decent NL player but a mile off SL level.

He would do well to quickly write a biography or appear on 'get me out of this jungle', 'celebrity BB' 'dance on the ice' & the like. He is very deluded about his ability which is a dangerous thing in his game.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - chesterhino - 10-25-2012 08:44 PM

Sadly manny steward has been confirmed dead by his sister...

One of the worlds greatest trainers.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - chesterhino - 11-03-2012 08:33 PM

Romanian-Canadian boxer Lucian Bute will lock horns with Russian kick-boxer Denis Grachev for the 170-pound NBAF light heavyweight title at the Montreal’s Bell Centre on Nov. 3, 2012.

This is on sky sports tmZ morning from 8am.

Don't know why bute is fighting this guy....!!

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 11-05-2012 10:58 AM

The Bute fight was dull but he came through against a very tough Grachev. I didn't see too much to worry Froch. Manny v JMM 4 & Kessler v Magee not too far off now, both could/should be wars!