Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 12-10-2012 09:46 AM

come on, did u see his fight with martinez?? he certainly wasnt embarrased.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 12-10-2012 09:48 AM

He was never in danger of winning either. He doesnt have the power.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 12-10-2012 09:51 AM

the point is he didnt look out of place and on the right occasion and against the right opponent he can win a world title.

we have had this before on here , u dont have to have a big bang to be world champion.

martin murray is going to fight martinez in april/may, we see how he does.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - chesterhino - 12-10-2012 09:54 AM

barkers decent, he did well enough against marquez. just doesnt seem to have a knockout punch in his locker.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 12-10-2012 09:54 AM

He'll get twatted - thats how he'll do.

Barker = european champ at best from here on in.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 12-10-2012 10:05 AM

mallignaggi has managed fine without a big dig. no reason why narker cant.

murray didnt get twatted by sturm, no reason to assumed a twatting by martinez.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 12-10-2012 10:20 AM

Didn't see the Barker fight but he did a decent job from what i've read & Hope wasn't a bad starter fight, Barker would have had to retire had he lost that imo. I think Barker, Macklin & Murray are of a level where they are the best of what we have but will find it tough making the huge step up.

I fear for Khan in his upcoming fight. Molina is 17-0 but not a ko merchant & not really a big draw, if Khan isn't convincing or even loses then he'll struggle to get a credible world level fight after.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 12-10-2012 10:56 AM

(12-10-2012 10:05 AM)Cheese Wrote:  mallignaggi has managed fine without a big dig. no reason why narker cant.

murray didnt get twatted by sturm, no reason to assumed a twatting by martinez.

Malignaggi is a better boxer than barker.

Sturm isnt a martinez.

(12-10-2012 10:20 AM)whotobeA Wrote:  Didn't see the Barker fight but he did a decent job from what i've read & Hope wasn't a bad starter fight, Barker would have had to retire had he lost that imo. I think Barker, Macklin & Murray are of a level where they are the best of what we have but will find it tough making the huge step up.

I fear for Khan in his upcoming fight. Molina is 17-0 but not a ko merchant & not really a big draw, if Khan isn't convincing or even loses then he'll struggle to get a credible world level fight after.

Totally agree with first paragraph.

As for khan, he will murder this lad. There is no way they will put him at risk again so soon. I expect a couple of walkovers for khan whilst he awaits brooks next couple of results. If malignaggi keeps his title (debatable to say the least) then thats an easy title for khan also.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 12-10-2012 11:11 AM

I agree that Molina shouldn't really get anywhere near Khan but you always have a feeling of dread that Khan will take a semi decent shot & do his wobbly leg dance. Malinaggi would be ideal for Khan.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 12-10-2012 09:37 PM

sturm is ranked number 2 by The Ring, cant be all bad and murray gave him the fright of his life. now that can be he didnt take him seriously enough but im thinking its cos murray is a decent fighter and he will likely do the same to martinez. sure the argy will win but it wont be a shallacking.
barker is a top 10 fighter for me and with the right choices can win a belt.

malignaggi has been a perfect example of a guy who hasnt got a dig but uses whatever skills he has to good effect. couple that to smart management and wise choices and u have a world champion. never seen anything from him to make me sit up and take notice.

its not neccessary to be the best in the world now to win and keep a world title, sort of sad but true.

-----------------------------

word is kell brook will fight devon alexander on jan 19 in las vegas.
alexander...wee bit prematurely...fancies taking on khan after brook.

and ricky burns hasnt an opponent again fr this weekend. can only assume the guy thought he was lined up to fight carpet burns and someone delivered him the wrong dvd.

supposedly someone will step in...less than a weeks notice?? guess there will be someone.