Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 12-11-2012 09:21 AM

Alexander will obviously see Brook as a step down & they are at different levels. As i've said all along, we will know much more about Brook after that fight. He looks very good but can look a bit lost when his dig doesn't work. I hope he progresses but still have doubts about him.

Sounds like another easy pay night for Burns who is head & shoulders above owt over here atm.

I quite like Malinaggi for what he does. Many top level fighters see a loss as the end of the world & where he has been beaten terribly, plenty of times he always regroups & has found his little niche. He's there for the taking but he'll keep earning & holding the strap for now.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Dinamita - 12-12-2012 03:39 PM

In summary....

I'd delighted that Marquez finally got his official W over Pacquiao. However, his performance, that moment aside, wasn't brilliant - indeed it was the first time I've really been impressed with Manny's gameplan against him. It was the best he's looked since the execution of Cotto back in 2009.

I'd still not rule out a Floyd fight, if Manny picks up a win or two. In Floyd's eyes, Manny will have appeared to have slipped enough to make it a guaranteed win - the only fights he'll take after all.

Floyd would beat him now, in 2009 it was a 50-50 match.

Barker was impressive, considering he's been off for over a year. Hope isn't a world beater but the manner of victory was good.

I'd like to see a series of fights between Macklin, Murray and Barker, to really see who the best of them is. Murray will probably lose a decision to Martinez, he's negative and boxes primarily off the back foot, as he did against Sturm - Martinez isn't great at closing the distance going forward, this goes 12.

I really want to see Martinez vs Golovkin.

Khan.... this guy has a pretty looking record but nothing of note is on it. We might see him get some rounds in under his new trainer but can't help but think the fit isn't all that natural. Hunter is used to working with a fighter like Ward, with great ring IQ and skills.... Khan's ring IQ is practically 0, he wins fights on his speed and balls alone.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 12-13-2012 01:53 PM

I think Manny looked so much better cos JMM was trying to take him on at his own game which was a very risky strategy but payed off in the end.

Macklin, Murray & Barker will probably face off if they all have failed attempts at world straps & aren't considered at that level anymore. There's still plenty of money to be made for them.

Brook has postponed his Bradley fight due to a knock in training which is a shame.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 12-16-2012 09:19 AM

Khan dominated but still looked to hang his chin out there but all in all a more patient and professional approach. He is the best pure boxer in his division but he cant mix it with the big hitters. He needs to learn to hide behind his jab and just outscore his opponents. I thought it was a step in the right direction.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - chesterhino - 12-16-2012 10:08 AM

Decent effort by khan, but would the likes of garcia and other higher ranked fighters taken as long to despatch him?!

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 12-16-2012 10:27 AM

Probably not but khan needs to alter his style and be less gung ho. He should fight like malignaggi, decent defence, outscore opponents and wear them down or win on points. If khan wants a war every time like he has in the past he will get caught and with his chin its not ideal to fight that way. If he is to become really succesful then he has to become a boring fighter that basically aims to not take risk and concentrate on racking up the rounds.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 12-16-2012 10:34 AM

he needs to find a middle ground, cant change him overnight.
still believe he has it.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 12-16-2012 10:42 AM

He will be world champion again. He just cant hold on to the belt like a calzaghe did because he has no chin whatsoever and its just a matter of time before he gets caught again.

The fight vs kell brook would be interesting because if kell doesnt catch him then khan wins on points but if kell even glances khans chin with a right hand then its goodnight. Thats what khan is. Thats what makes him entertaining to watch.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 12-16-2012 11:15 AM

i think i would rather have that entertaining khan though, where u never quite know how its gonna end. most of the interviews i have seen with him too, he seems to suggest thats how he likes it. always mentions entertaining the crowd etc.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 12-16-2012 11:21 AM

Its that mentality that costs him fights.