Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 12-16-2012 11:34 AM

we know, he knows too but sometimes folk are as they are and there is no changing them. if he has another 10 yr in the fight game and wins a couple or 3 world title fights in that time and entertains us all with his style, then im not sure anyone is going away unhappy.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 12-16-2012 07:14 PM

I also heard him banging on about being one of the greatest. Not happening if he loses 10 fights.

He needs to decide what he wants. He can be the entertainer, either knocking people out or getting knocked out himself or he can become a well respected fighter with a great record by doing a "mayweather" and winning ugly and boring but efficient and regarded as one of the greats.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 12-16-2012 07:26 PM

im hoping he never does a mayweather then.

if he gets a coach (the latest guy might be the one) who can understand him and can press the right buttons and get khan to listen, then his best is yet to come. he has a lot more in his locker than the malignaggis of this world.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 12-16-2012 07:54 PM

Without doubt. Think he lacks a bit of mental strength though.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - todd13 - 12-16-2012 07:57 PM

Can't do with khan looking forward to him getting banged out again and it will happen of that I'm sure

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 12-17-2012 10:00 AM

If Khan plays to his strengths then he can get to a very good level. The speed kills tactic he used on saturday & in the past against the likes of Kotelnik & so on his is best (& only) strategy. When he tries to trade is when he will get beat. The fast hands wont be with him forever so he needs the big fights sooner than later.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 12-17-2012 10:50 AM

im willing to bet hes a belt holder before the end of 2013.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 12-17-2012 12:29 PM

He needs malignaggi.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 12-17-2012 12:54 PM

at the moment thats his best chance of a belt.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 12-17-2012 01:38 PM

If Virgil Hunter maintains Khans hit n run tactics there is no reason Khan wont have world straps by the end of next yr. Golden boy will definatley get him the fights but he has to be careful, Malinaggi should be a strap, did Peterson keep his title as i think Khan would walk the rematch then possibly round the year off with the Garcia rematch who i think he can box the ears off as long as he doesn't get tagged.

I hope Khan doesn't start talking Manny, Guerrero & PBF again as he'd be quickly back to square 1 after those type of fights.