Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - chesterhino - 12-17-2012 02:32 PM

khan annoys the shit out of me with his talking in third person nonsense, or talking about himself as if hes a brand....!

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - The Man With No Name - 12-18-2012 09:04 AM

I saw the Khan fight advertised two weeks ago and thought, 'really?' Molina is tough but not in Khan's league. the outcome was inevitable.Shorter and slower, Molina got battered.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - chesterhino - 12-18-2012 02:59 PM

James DeGale has given up his European super-middleweight title as he turns his focus to winning a world title.

The Beijing 2008 Olympic gold medallist beat Poland's Piotr Wilczewski in October 2011 to win the belt before defending it twice.

DeGale claimed a comfortable points win over Fulgencio Zuniga recently to win the WBC silver belt.

"It's a shame that I have had to choose between the two championship belts I hold," DeGale said.

After beating Wilczewski to win the belt, DeGale saw off Cristian Sanavia and Hadillah Mohoumadi in his two defences.

"It has been an real honour to be EBU champion. However, I feel my decision to relinquish the European belt is the right decision at this stage in my career," he continued.

"I've won it and defended it twice and I feel the best course of action is to defend my WBC belt on route to a world title.

"The WBC belt will give me a wider choice of world-class opponents."

DeGale's only defeat of his career so far came in May 2011 against domestic rival George Groves when he lost his British title on points.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - chesterhino - 12-19-2012 06:12 AM

David Price will attempt to take his next step towards a world heavyweight title challenge when he faces American Tony Thompson in Liverpool next year.
The 29-year-old Price will defend his British and Commonwealth title on 23 February after winning all four of his fights in 2012 by knockout.
Thompson, 41, has challenged twice for the world title, losing to WBO champion Wladimir Klitschko in July.
"It's the right fight at the right time for David," said promoter Frank Maloney
"And one where a win will propel him even higher.
"Thompson still has ambition and I am certain that he will come to win and score a major upset."
Liverpudlian Price, an Olympic bronze medallist in 2008, is unbeaten in 15 professional fights, with 13 knockouts.
His most recent victory came with a second-round knockout of Matt Skelton in Liverpool on 30 November.
After that fight, Price indicated that he felt a fight against Thompson would mark a step up into the world-class category.
"If he was good enough to fight Wladimir Klitschko six months ago, he's good enough to fight me," Price said.
Promoter Frank Maloney said recently he will have "failed" if Price is not a world champion by the end of 2013.
Thompson has 36 wins from 39 fights, stopping 24 of his opponents, and has lost twice to Klitschko.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 12-19-2012 11:07 AM

Should be a real test for Price that & we should find out where he's at from that fight. I reckon Price's chin will be tested & we'll see how he reacts when he can't blast Thompson away in early/mid stages.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - chesterhino - 12-19-2012 12:08 PM

hes the best opponent that price or fury have faced so far.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 01-14-2013 11:06 PM

its showtime for burns.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/21012805

personally think that burns will do him. hes been let down a lot of the last couple of yrs and someone was always gonna pay for that frustration, looks like vazquez is that guy. tasty.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 01-15-2013 09:22 AM

No less than Burns deserves. I think Burns could well outbox him tbh but i just hope its not a fight too far like happens with may of these type fights.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Moc - 01-15-2013 09:26 AM

For boxing fans - the below is shown on - http://www.boxnation.livesport.tv/

16Mar - Live from Wembley Arena, London
The WBO World Lightweight Championship
Ricky Burns vs Miguel Vazquez

British hero Ricky Burns in an unmissable unification bout with Miguel Vazquez with Burns WBO and Vazquez's IBF Lightweight titles on the line live from Wembley Arena, London.

The WBO World Light-Heavyweight Championship
Nathan Cleverly vs Robin Krasniqi

Nathan Cleverly stages another defence of his WBO World Light-Heavyweight title against his mandatory opponent Robin Krasniqi.

The vacant European Super-Middleweight Championship
George Groves vs Mohamed Ali NDiaye

After showing class to upstage the veteran Glen Johnson, George Groves looks to win the vacant European Super-Middleweight title against Italian-Senegalese Mohamed Ali Ndiaye.

10x3 Minute Round International Heavyweight Contest
Dereck Chisora vs TBA

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 01-15-2013 09:29 AM

Pretty strong bill is that. If it was up t north i'd be having a ticket.