Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 02-09-2013 09:31 PM

Sorry cheese. This has been known a good few days now. Like brook says, mayweather is now saying alexander is his next fight but thats to coax the other guy out of hiding to get his payday.

Lets not forget brook has pulled out of the alexander fight once already so i doubt alexander is lying. The contracts are signed and theres no way alexander wants rid of his belt or wants a sustained period of inactivity. Story seems to check out.

Lindsey getting a good working over by selby here. Wont be long this one. Body shots are chopping him.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 02-09-2013 09:40 PM

didnt see any news of it, thought they were having a breaking story on sky,,, lol.

not sure myself whether brook was genuinely pulling out previously either. i smell a rat whenever mayweather is involved

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 02-09-2013 09:49 PM

Brook had a back injury and the fight was put back and now alexander has pulled his bicep. Its a shame as fucking about with the preparation really doesnt do brook any favours. He still struggles with his prep and this wont help. I sort of hope it doesnt happen now and brook has a fight in between before going for it again.

Mayweather just saw an opportunity to get his name out there. As he does.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 02-09-2013 10:18 PM

i cant be arsed when they start that sort of fucking about. the coverbibg bodies are always so complicit in it too.

anyway, frampton up next,. martinez can bang but hes european level at best.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 02-09-2013 10:21 PM

Yeah should be good first few rounds before frampton wears him down. Just hope he doesnt get caught.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 02-09-2013 10:44 PM

plenty pressure from martinez, not something frampton has had to deal with often, if at all.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 02-10-2013 09:24 AM

Fell asleep before the fight.

Watched it this morning and it went pretty much as expected although frampton got caught more than he should have. Thought he threw more clean punches whereas martinez was a bit wild. Good fight though, really entertaining.

Id like to see martinez fight again over here. Looks an entertaining fighter.

Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Mr-P - 02-10-2013 10:25 AM

(02-10-2013 09:24 AM)drsrhino Wrote:  Fell asleep before the fight.

Watched it this morning and it went pretty much as expected although frampton got caught more than he should have. Thought he threw more clean punches whereas martinez was a bit wild. Good fight though, really entertaining.

Id like to see martinez fight again over here. Looks an entertaining fighter.

Haha I also fell asleep during the fight. Massively bushwhacked after work; but was banging on at work about the fight! So will prob watch again later.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 02-10-2013 11:11 AM

martinez is entertaining but he had only a wild puncher chance. i fine european level fighter and a guy that anyone with ambition at world level has to pass on the way up.
frampton took a fair few heavy digs without much concern too.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 02-10-2013 01:40 PM

Id rather watch martinez have a tear up than mayweather bore some poor fucker asleep before knocking him out.