Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - chesterhino - 05-11-2013 10:10 PM

Broken hand my arse!his trainer didnt want him to quit.

He was fucked!

Credit to burns for taking those shots, gonzales looked good and was well ahead till the 7th.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 05-11-2013 10:11 PM

Either way ricky looked poor tonight.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 05-11-2013 10:13 PM

he looked poor but he can take some serious punching and still come back for more.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 05-11-2013 10:18 PM

Not disputing that. Tough night for him. Round 7 was excellent. Big big turning point.

Do you think he would fight him again?

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 05-11-2013 10:18 PM

listening to burns interview after.... what the fuck were they doing taking a fight against a guy they didnt have extensive film of?? only had shots of him knocking guys out!!!

wee bit unprofessional that i reckon. they went in there fully expecting a guy to come right at them with knockout punches.they got something else entirely.,

still, sometimes u need to dig real deep when it looks all over, burns did that. he will learn something from this.

burns would fight him again, gonzalez wouldnt!!

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Saint matt - 05-11-2013 10:21 PM

Spot on that, Cheese. If you have the guts to hang in there, and show that mental toughness, you have something to build on. He'll learn an awful lot from this.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 05-11-2013 10:22 PM

Good analysis cheese. If it was a broken hand then I would sidestep a return. As I say, time will tell and even a broken hand should stay in but its easier said than done.

Broner totally dominates burns though imo.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 05-11-2013 10:24 PM

on that showing broner whups him ... burns needs to fight 12 rounds like that 7th.

at least with that attitude.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 05-11-2013 10:31 PM

Plenty of ring rust from burns. Don't think the lad was much better than Mitchell & not a patch on Martinez but burns just hasn't been active enough. Burns beats him 99/100 times. I think burns does get tagged & tried to sit back a bit which nearly backfired but end of the day another good night at the office.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Trinity_13 - 05-12-2013 08:21 AM

What.........."he beats him 99/100"..........after the boxing lesson he was given.........first time I,ve watched Burns and the Puerta Rican gave him a lesson.........not impressed at all..........if he really was unable to continue Burns should do all in his power to avoid a rematch........