Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 05-12-2013 08:44 AM

Burns has another level & didn't get into the fight early. He was being well beaten but burns is famous for having a better 2nd half of a fight & gonzalez had shot his bolt in the early/mid rnds. He couldn't lace Martinezs gloves never mind do the job burns did. But agree on that performance burns was poor & the time off hasn't done him any favours.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 05-12-2013 12:44 PM

burns needs to be more active and im sure he will be now on in. gonzalez fought the fight he probably always fights and wins, as the vast majority of his fights havent gone the distance....difference this time was he fought a guy who just wouldnt quit on him. a fight lasts 12 rounds not 6, or 7, or 9. gonzalez wasnt prepared for 12, burns always is.

if i was gonzalez i would avoid burns like the plague, next time he wont be so accommodating/.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Trinity_13 - 05-12-2013 08:24 PM

burns looked shit to me......out of his depth.......first time ive seen him......totally unimpressed.......

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 05-13-2013 12:00 PM

I don't understand why people think that burns is so much better than this guy. The fight I saw was a very much one way traffic. Burns got lucky and gonzalez deservez another shot especial ly if he has broken his wrist.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 05-13-2013 12:54 PM

Cos a fight isn't over 7 rnds. Burns has fought & beat better & always comes strong 2nd half of a fight. He was losing on the cards but even as inactive as he's been still would have cantered the 2nd half, I think it was known by the other corner who obviously were trying to blast burns out early. Not a great fight from burns & he isn't so much better than the other lad but I still don't think he loses to him, probably worth a rematch though.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 05-13-2013 02:38 PM

lucky?? where was he lucky??

gonzalez wont come near burns now, not if he knows whats good for him.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - The Man With No Name - 05-13-2013 05:09 PM

(05-11-2013 10:05 PM)Cheese Wrote:  lol, whooddaathunkit.

17 knockouts from 22 fights, meant he doesnt have the legs for a long hearty war.

the 7th killed him

That is exactly what I said to myself as I laid in bed pissed up watching it.

Gonsales bossed Burns for 6 rounds and people may focus on that but the way I view it is if Gonsales had the legs and went for 12 Ricky would have won on points. Very happy for the wee man!

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 05-14-2013 10:27 AM

Programme on ss1 tonight, 'the gloves are off'with some of the best smw's of yesteryear. Looks decent.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - chesterhino - 05-14-2013 01:37 PM

hayes fight is off!

hurt his hand in training.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 05-14-2013 04:09 PM

Purdy takes on Alexander at the weekend, only a punchers chance IMO but at 12s to win might be worth losing a fiver on. Purdy looked pretty good when he beat Carson jones.