Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 05-21-2013 11:30 PM

kessler likely will make all the pain go away anyway.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - sinkers89 - 05-23-2013 02:07 PM

Reading up on Froch v Kessler II ...i cant help but think its heading the way of Haye V Vitali in the sense of every bigging up Froch before this fight and it falling foul ..i hope that 'revenge' doesnt cloud Frochs Judgement and gets a hiding.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 05-24-2013 12:21 PM

Just doing official weigh in on Ssn, atmosphere is class!

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 05-24-2013 04:30 PM

Kessler fairly easily in my book.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 05-24-2013 05:54 PM

keesler hasnt looked at his best for a couple yr now. might be still there but im wavering. i thought froch was doing it all the right way etc but somehow the last couple days the pressure seems to be affecting him adversely. like to see kessler whup him but i just dont know if he can any more./

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 05-24-2013 08:50 PM

Froch, in my opinion, is too lazy to be dominant in this division. He has thd chin, he has the power, he even has a fair bit of speed but his big let down, which has been since I first saw him, is his inability to get his defence sorted. Lift his left hand a few inches higher and he probably beats kessler the first time. His inability to learn is his big downfall.

kessler will just do what he always has. He has the same attributes as froch regarding strength, chin but is just technically better.

Thats why kessler wins the fight for me. I think froch has to ko him to win. If he does then I will be the first to applaud him. I want froch to win but the odds are firmly in kesslers favour.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 05-24-2013 09:16 PM

I'd be surprised if there's a Ko either way tbh, both have granite chins, froch may open Kessler up like ward did but other than that I can only see points. Not a mile between them first fight IMO. I don't think Kessler has faded & could silence the O2 when he start landing. Froch looked very cut & a bit dehydrated in the way in compared to Kessler, hope that doesn't take it's toll late on.

Really is a pickem fight & wouldn't be surprised if both hands are raised, though would like froch to win.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 05-24-2013 09:21 PM

Agree. This fight goes to points 9 times out of 10 but the way froch ships punishment means its too hard to win on points against top class opponents like kessler, ward and johnson who be got lucky against.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 05-25-2013 05:50 PM

What time is froch due in the ring? Might buy it yet.

Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - LeedsBarmyArmy - 05-25-2013 05:50 PM

About 11 apparently