Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 05-26-2013 12:04 AM

if froch had been puttin in the same effort 5 , 6 yrs ago, he might be a genuine wolrd class, bone fide grade A champion. possibly the laziest yet most arrogant fighter out there.

he should fight ward next, so the fans get a bit of perspective.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - rhino65 - 05-26-2013 12:06 AM

3rd Judge had it by 2 which was equally daft.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 05-26-2013 07:17 AM

Excellent nights work from froch who has improved since they last met, Kessler still very good but froch just better. Ward is the best at the weight by a country mile and though I now think froch is best of the rest I don't see how he beats ward.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - captain tripps - 05-26-2013 08:17 AM

Very good fight,hats off to froch from me too as I thought kessler would have this one.
Fights like this revives my interest as I have tended to take less interest in recent years.
I think my problem is I remember the golden years of Duran,hitman hearns,sugar ray leonard,hagler and tend to compare today's fights with these guys.
Use to love watching Nigel benn as well coz you knew he was just going to slug it out win or lose.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Upanunder - 05-27-2013 09:04 PM

(05-26-2013 12:00 AM)markthesaint Wrote:  I thought the ref had stopped it in the twelfth round. Definately a froch win but not sure it was 10 rounds to 2 like one judge had it.

I think he was stepping in to warn Froch for a low blow, but they were both still swinging and he was in danger of copping one, he didn't make a positive enough attempt to separate them and thought fuck it, its the arse end of the 12th, Kesslers not bothered.....I'll leave em to it.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 05-30-2013 08:14 AM

Mayweather to fight alvaraz. Mayweather won all 44 of his fights and is 36. Alvarez won all 43 fights at just 22. Boys been busy.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 05-30-2013 09:46 AM

Alvarez is a pretty big light middleweight with a very heavy dig. Think he beat trout last fight who he knocked down for the first time. I'd expect floyd to come through this but once again there's a big risk involved.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 05-30-2013 04:53 PM

alvarez is too slow for mayweather.

seen this??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1R5QecHEMU&list=PLC437F4E34D30335D

what many consider to be mayweathers only defeat. cant argue with that really.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 05-30-2013 05:05 PM

Yeah, I think Castillo was all wrong for floyd, not to mention nearly a stone heavier come fight time. The first fight was much closer than the judges & ref said, I think floyd had his number by the time they fought again.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 05-30-2013 05:26 PM

the thing is with mayweather, hes so up his own arse he wont know when to quit and we will be treated to the sight of him being stretchered out wondering what the fuck is going on.