Super League Rugby Fans Forum
Knocking One Out - Printable Version

+- Super League Rugby Fans Forum (http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bench (/forum-40.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Knocking One Out (/thread-463.html)

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 09-15-2013 02:27 PM

There's plenty of good fighters about, it's just getting the best fights to happen that's the problem. For whatever's reason the manny v Pbf fight didn't happen which would have been the biggest thing in boxing, khan & brook raise interest but are just too inactive, the hw scene as been on its arse for years and the promoters just want the biggest cut not matter what the fight is which means too many one sided fights.

All the fanny'ing about in boxing is making it lose its status IMO & with cage fighting/mma & all the other stuff getting bigger I think boxing needs a few fighters to come through to get it really going again. All it takes is 3 decent fighters at the same weight to create the interest again.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 09-15-2013 04:03 PM

The problem with the boxing isnt necessarily loads of poor fights. For me, I have lost interest due to not willing to pay per view or pay a fee for boxnation. Channel 5 have some up and coming fighters and sky show quite a few domestic fights but on the whole people wont pay for a fight. The days of benn vs eubank on itv with massive viewing figures are gone. Its just not easily available to the masses like it used to be.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - chesterhino - 09-15-2013 04:18 PM

Speaking lf eubank, chris jnr battered some bloke again last night on channel 5. Hes got some serious speed and punch power.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - drsrhino - 09-15-2013 05:04 PM

Yeah. He'll be on ppv in a couple of years.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - The Man With No Name - 09-15-2013 05:12 PM

Mayweather was class again. He strikes and moves in the blink of an eye. The Mexican tried hard but just couldn't find a gap.

Danny Garcia looked very class and put down the Argie for the first time in his career. Bad eye injury as well.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - TheLord - 09-17-2013 02:36 PM

Carl Froch has warned George Groves that he's out of his depth and will be knocked out when they meet in the ring on November the 23rd.

Froch, 36, will put his WBA and IBF super middleweight titles on the line against the undefeated Londoner at a sold-out Phones 4u Arena in Manchester.

The Cobra, who has won 31 of his 33 fights, exchanged very few words with his 25-year-old rival at Tuesday's press conference to promote the Sky Box Office showdown.

Groves is out of his depth
"I just told him the truth, that's he's out of his depth and he is getting beat on the 23rd of November," Froch told Sky Sports News.

"He's a trained fighter, he's unbeaten and he's got quite a high knockout ration against a level of opposition but boxing, unfortunately for him, is all about levels and I'm in a totally different league than George Groves.

"He's not mixed at this level in his whole career, he's tried to mix at this level in sparring and been found out a few times.

"I put him over myself in sparring, and to be honest, I was pulling my punches when I hit him, I sort of him with half a shot because I knew the shot was going to land, so I pulled it and it still decked him and he's been knocked out a few times.

"I need to do business and do in style. It's not just about winning, it's about how I win."
Froch on Groves
"When the 10oz gloves on fight night start landing on his chin, there's only going to be one result that's going to be George Groves knocked out on the floor. It's as simple as that."

Froch, however, insists he is not taking the threat of Groves, who has 19 straight victories with 15 by knockout, lightly.

"This fight is potentially a massive banana skin for me, to lose to somebody like George Groves could be curtains on my career and I don't want to turn it in yet.

"I need to do business and do in style. It's not just about winning, it's about how I win.

"I cannot see this fight going the distance," added Froch. "At some stage George Groves is going to have to stand in front of me and fight for survival.

"And when he does that, he's going to get clipped, and he's going to have a visit to the canvas and I don't think he's going to be getting back up.

"If he does get back up because maybe he's trained hard and is super fit, he'll be getting smashed back down again, trust me, believe me, this fight is getting ended by KO. I am knocking out George Groves in style."

Groves, however, is confident of upsetting the odds: "Carl lacks a lot technically, he lacks a lot physically and mentally when this fight comes round.

"I am more than ready to fight Carl Froch and I will beat him. I can't wait to get in there and do it.

"I'm supremely confident, hopefully it doesn't come across as arrogance, because I know whatever happens in this fight, I will find a way to beat Carl Froch."

----------------------------------------------

This fight surely only goes one way. Fighters talk a lot of rubbish in the build up to a fight but have to completely agree with what Froch is saying about being in a different class to Groves. Groves has also come out and said Froch is past his prime when to be fair he is probably just at his peak. Fair play for taking the fight but I think the type of loss he will suffer here will knock his career back a number of years and keep him firmly at domestic level for some time to come

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - whotobeA - 09-17-2013 04:02 PM

Froch is a level above groves the only danger being he knows it. Froch has a granite chin so I can't see groves anywhere near a ko but if groves makes the fight awkward, hit n run style he could give froch problems. Froch always struggles against defensive fighters which I reckon groves will be.

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - Cheese - 09-17-2013 11:34 PM

cant see pasr froch but i would have a big grin if its froch sitting on his arse wondering what the fuck is going on

RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - chesterhino - 09-18-2013 05:00 AM

Apparently groves has split with adam booth....

Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan - westy_warrior - 09-18-2013 08:35 AM

(09-18-2013 05:00 AM)chesterhino Wrote:  Apparently groves has split with adam booth....

Shit the bed!!