Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
11-20-2012, 08:21 PM
RE: 2013
So manu has been given 13, abit of a slap in the chops for laffranchi and others who might have seen a number promotion....wonder if manu will be used at loose?!

Also makinson is unlucky not to get 2 or 5!!

"He's the best coach I've had.His mix of man-management and his game plan is second to none.Since Brian has been in charge,we've been in every final so far.I love playing for him.I can't praise him enough,I've so much respect for him." Kevin Sinfield
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2012, 08:32 PM
I think they're just numbers. I think Manu will be used as an impact second-row, with Wilkin at loose. Makinson should start ahead of Gardner on last year's form, but I think Brown will just let those two and Meli battle it out.

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield
11-21-2012, 10:02 AM
How do you think Turner will be next season. I agree Manu will be used in the second row because he will give you the most impact there but I guess that is the choice of the coach but never seen him as a loose forward tbh and again if I was Nathan I would have Meli and Makinson on the wingers dont see Gardners lasting much longer at Saints
11-22-2012, 12:56 AM (This post was last modified: 11-22-2012 12:57 AM by Genghis Von Battenberg.)
I think Turner could go either way to be honest. He could be a hit, he could provide us with that flair on the right edge that we've been bereft of since Gidley's time, or he could be just another centre. I think he's got a lot of questions to answer in defence as well, especially in the shadow of Shenton who, to his critics, was an excellent edge defender. So to answer your question: I can't answer your question.

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield
03-08-2013, 11:48 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2013 11:51 AM by feelingblue.)
[quote='The Swede' pid='183672' dateline='1352805228']
All the players. All the departures. All the incomings. All the tactics. All the stats. All depressing, all of the time. All here.

2013 squad:

1. Wellens ©: been a great servant, time to call it a day
2. Gardner: 100% player, we'll miss him more than we realise when he leaves
3. Turner: doesn't impress me one bit
4. Soliola: great going forward, needs more support, defence isn't the best
5. Meli: F*CK OFF
6. Hohaia: see above
7. Lomax: looks great at full back, never a scrum half
8. Perry: F*CK OFF
9. Roby: (vc) outstanding, no other word, other forwards need to share his work load
10. McCarthy-Scarsbrook: does nothing wrong for me although not a prop in my eyes
11. Puletua: bye, bye you lazy C**T
12. Wilkin (vc): tackling machine and gets up other players noses, not the best going forward
13. Manu: the jury is still out
14. Laffranchi: solid, nothing more nothing less
15. Flanagan: i like the lad, has some agression about him
16. Clough: another solid if not spectacular grafter
17. Wheeler: i feel for the lad, all the talent in the world but can't stay fit
18. Magennis: retired
19. J Jones: like him, always puts a shift in but not enough pace for a centre
20. Gaskell: i'm still not convinced he's a stand off
21. Makinson: i feel he's been treated like shit, made a scapegoat when other senior pro's are also making mistakes, rate him highly
22. Forster: don't know much about hime
23. Ashe: supposedly rapid and a good full back, looks a liability to me
24. Greenwood: looks quite promising
25. Walmsley: once he gets fit and up to speed i reckon he'll be superb
26. Swift: he's looked good from what i've seen, no doubt saints will ruin him
27. Walker: don't know much about him
28. Hand: as above
29. Yates: apparently he's tearing it up in the U 21's, i'd personally like to see him play in the first team, maybe against salford?
30. Percival: outstanding debut, looks very promising
31. Speakman: see walker/hand
03-08-2013, 02:32 PM
That's very intresting to read
03-08-2013, 03:29 PM
(03-08-2013 02:32 PM)Chaazza95 Wrote:  That's very intresting to read

cheers mate, i was bored earlier, i'm sure not everyone will agree with me, i just call it how i see it.

quite honestly i think that's a pretty poor squad, hardly any agression, lacking size and pace, short of a couple of ball players and no real leadership.
03-08-2013, 03:32 PM
(03-08-2013 03:29 PM)feelingblue Wrote:  
(03-08-2013 02:32 PM)Chaazza95 Wrote:  That's very intresting to read

cheers mate, i was bored earlier, i'm sure not everyone will agree with me, i just call it how i see it.

quite honestly i think that's a pretty poor squad, hardly any agression, lacking size and pace, short of a couple of ball players and no real leadership.

+1.

03-09-2013, 07:26 PM
Agree with most except for Puletua who is a fantastic player.
03-09-2013, 08:47 PM
I agree with Bill, Puletua is a quality player.

Yates has been quality this year in the under 19s, but I reckon he is still 2-3 years away from first team level. Continuity is crucial when you hit a purple patch, so I can't see him playing against Salford or Wakefield anyway.

Apart from that, I agree with the majority. If Nathan Brown's comments are anything to go buy, we may well be seeing Paul Wellens at 13 once he returns.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)