Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wire fans obession
02-09-2011, 09:47 PM
wire fans obession
with ben westwood, i dont understand why everyone loves him, to be fair hes alright but not international standard.

can anyone enlighten me?

LONDON BRONCOS RL

STILL FIGHTING ON
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2011, 10:38 PM
RE: wire fans obession
(02-09-2011 09:47 PM)GMO Wrote:  with ben westwood, i dont understand why everyone loves him, to be fair hes alright but not international standard.

can anyone enlighten me?
You need to watch him week in week out, he puts in an enormous amount of work both in defence and attack. He has also cut down on the silly penalties he used to give away. Certainly international class.
02-10-2011, 07:44 AM
He's a superb grafter, know doubt about that, a decent kicker, I don't doubt that, but I don't know where you are coming from Tezza, in saying he has cut down on the daft penalties. He is a liability against a player with a bit of nous, hence why I don't think he's up to international standard; he will get England murdered against the likes of Hindmarsh etc. with holding downs and the facials.

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield
02-10-2011, 08:58 PM
He isn't anywhere near international class IMO.
Cutting down on the massive number of penalties he gave away should be a prerequisite.
His kicking is average, and he seems to immobile for a second row.

Wigan 'til I die!
02-11-2011, 12:36 AM
(02-10-2011 08:58 PM)Exile in Tiger country Wrote:  He isn't anywhere near international class IMO.
Cutting down on the massive number of penalties he gave away should be a prerequisite.

Again you need to watch him every week. I never said his kicking was any good, in fact it's worse than average. Will continue to get picked for England. I suppose you think O'Laughlin and Tomkins are better?.
02-11-2011, 07:32 AM
(02-11-2011 12:36 AM)Tezzerwolf Wrote:  
(02-10-2011 08:58 PM)Exile in Tiger country Wrote:  He isn't anywhere near international class IMO.

I suppose you think O'Laughlin and Tomkins are better?.

Yeah, he should. So do I; a Saints fan.

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield
02-11-2011, 06:07 PM
(02-11-2011 07:32 AM)Saint Until I Die Wrote:  
(02-11-2011 12:36 AM)Tezzerwolf Wrote:  

I suppose you think O'Laughlin and Tomkins are better?.

Yeah, he should. So do I; a Saints fan.

Can't fault you there.

Wigan 'til I die!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)