Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
In My Opinion.....#2 Ade Gardner
07-09-2013, 07:04 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2013 07:06 PM by M_R7.)
In My Opinion.....#2 Ade Gardner
Ok, so we know the score. Next up; Ade Gardner. Try and keep on topic if you can!

Obviously he is injured at the minute, bur when he plays, you will get 110% from him every time. He returns the ball with everything he's got, and he helps out the pack early on in the set with his carries out of dummy-half, and out of first receiver. Defensively he has had his faults over the years, but he looks to have worked tirelessly on that area of his game, and his positional sense has been much improved. His technique under the high bomb has again, improved considerably, and there aren't to many wingers out there who work as hard as he does.

What has been obvious though over the past couple of years, is his attacking capabilities in regards to his pace, and his threat out wide. Over the years he has played along side some of the best Centres in the game; Jamie Lyon, Matt Gidley etc.., and although he positions himself well, he benefited a great deal from that. One v One he doesn't pose much of a threat, and teams know that the chances of him beating them on the outside is slim. I like Jordan Turner, but Tommy Makinson has been outstanding at times this season, and he deserves an opportunity to stamp his mark on one of the wing spots.

As I say, you can't fault him for effort, but I have to wonder how much he can offer next season, if he does get himself fit.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2013, 07:11 PM
RE: In My Opinion.....#2 Ade Gardner
Average, at best. Showed more than anything when he was destroyed in international games
07-09-2013, 07:12 PM
Have to agree with MOT,average player but will give you his all without a doubt for me not good enough.
07-09-2013, 07:15 PM
Doesn't offer anywhere near the threat that Makisnon offers anymore. He's solid, and he's been a good servent, but he doesn't have that pace anymore.
07-09-2013, 07:19 PM
He'll stay because meli is going.
07-09-2013, 08:17 PM
Returns the ball like a madman good under the high ball not the fastest granted brilliant servant for saints and a real team player whatever he decides to do like to think he'll always be regarded fondly at langtree park

Atlanta rhinos
07-09-2013, 08:59 PM
He'll probably be in the starting 13 next season to be honest, with Makinson occupying the opposite flank. We've signed Matt Dawson from Huddersfield, but I expect he will be used as back up.
07-09-2013, 09:39 PM
I wouldn't say he was good under the high ball myself. I like him don't get me wrong but any winger would look like a world beater with Lyon and Gidley as their centre.
07-10-2013, 11:43 AM
Absolute horrible winger,hes been made to look good because of the inside centers thats gifted him tries.Under the high ball hes been atrocious,i would rather have makinson all day than gardner.

Theres only one Johnny Wellies..Big Grin
07-10-2013, 11:44 AM
Past it in my eyes. The championship is beckoning him

2012 - Newcomer of the year
2013 - Best User Name and current holder of the SLFer Of The Year award

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)